Omronguy

Omron CJ1M -cpu12 - ETN - cennection

12 posts in this topic

Dear Gentlemen,

I have used CJ1M - CPU 12 - ETN PLC. I m very new at Omron, so my question is: Can I connect from Cx-programer to PLC via integrated ethernet port or the peripheral port is only way(I do not have the communication cable)??

I know that integrated ethernet  acting like ETN 21 module, and that my last oct. of IP adress need to be set in node (transferd to hexadecimal). 

Do I maybe need to use FINS and Cx integrator and how to setup my computer (cx programer) there??? 

Thank You very much in advance!!

Welcome to the forum!

You should be able to use the cable below and connect to the DB9 connector (RS232) on the CJ1M-CPU12-ETN.

You should set CX-Program for Network Type Host Link or Sysmac Way.

Hope this will help.

5 minutes ago, gtsuport said:

Welcome to the forum!

You should be able to use the cable below and connect to the DB9 connector (RS232) on the CJ1M-CPU12-ETN.

You should set CX-Program for Network Type Host Link or Sysmac Way.

Hope this will help.

Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for answer.

I'll definitely buy the cable, but is there any chance to communicate via ethernet port??

You should be able to build the cable, if you wish.

You can communicate via Ethernet, however you need to know the current IP address of the -ETN module.

You can verify the address in CX-Programmer in the I/O Table and Unit Setup utility.

The initial serial connection will allow you to check and change the IP address is needed.

11 minutes ago, gtsuport said:

You should be able to build the cable, if you wish.

You can communicate via Ethernet, however you need to know the current IP address of the -ETN module.

You can verify the address in CX-Programmer in the I/O Table and Unit Setup utility.

The initial serial connection will allow you to check and change the IP address is needed.

Dear Sir,

Thank You once more, I will tried it tomorow. Do i need to put DIP switch 5 to on position??

Yes, that would be a good idea.

You will need to cycle power on the plc if you change the position of switch 5.

These switches are only read at power up.

The default IP address for the ETN is 192.168.250.node# (node number set on rotary switch). There is a small chance it might still be set to that IP address. If it is you must use a PC set to the same subnet to establish communication with CX programmer.

40 minutes ago, Mendon Systems said:

The default IP address for the ETN is 192.168.250.node# (node number set on rotary switch). There is a small chance it might still be set to that IP address. If it is you must use a PC set to the same subnet to establish communication with CX programmer.

I allready try, I put my PC Ip adress to 192.168.250.1. and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 node on PLC is set on 2 so PLC IP shold be 192.168.250.2 and try to connect, but nothing happens. I tried to switch on Ethernet, Ethernet/IP , but could not connect...

Edited by Omronguy

Ok, some of this is coming back.

When you power up the plc, the IP address should scroll on the -ETN section 7 segment display.

That should give you a starting point for the Ethernet comms.

If there are errors, you should get a error code displayed on that display also.  Error codes are detailed in the CJ1W-ETN21/CS1W-ETN21 manual.

9 hours ago, gtsuport said:

Ok, some of this is coming back.

When you power up the plc, the IP address should scroll on the -ETN section 7 segment display.

That should give you a starting point for the Ethernet comms.

If there are errors, you should get a error code displayed on that display also.  Error codes are detailed in the CJ1W-ETN21/CS1W-ETN21 manual.

I have ERH red blinking all the time, so my Ip address is not correct. Is there any way to do master reset on Omron without connection on PLC??

Flashing ERH is an IP address setting issue, see screenshot below from manual.

There is no "master reset" that I am aware of, you would need to be connected to the PLC.

You can build the serial cable from the pinout information posted previously, or you could purchase this cable:

USB Peripheral Port cable

Getting online and verifying the IP address is about the only way you will be able to connect over Ethernet.

ETN21_Flashing_ERH.jpg

2 hours ago, gtsuport said:

Flashing ERH is an IP address setting issue, see screenshot below from manual.

There is no "master reset" that I am aware of, you would need to be connected to the PLC.

You can build the serial cable from the pinout information posted previously, or you could purchase this cable:

USB Peripheral Port cable

Getting online and verifying the IP address is about the only way you will be able to connect over Ethernet.

ETN21_Flashing_ERH.jpg

Thank You all for help, I manage somehow to assume(after a lot tries) the IP adress and  it was 192.168.0.50 so I can go online on PLC now.
Thank You very much once more!!