Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beau

PLC and Other Automation Hardware Asset Tracking

4 posts in this topic

I want to create a database that keeps track of all of the different PLC and automation hardware (Remote I/O, Flex I/O, Robots, etc.). It would include data such as firmware version, when the backup battery was last replaced, location, etc. I have started doing this in MS Access but I was curious if anyone knew of an existing software that already does something similar?

The downside to your DB is that its value will be limited to the diligence with which it has been manually updated. The asset management software does a lot of the updating automatically if it can talk to your PLCs.

If your pockets aren't deep enough or if you have PLCs other than Rockwell, or if your PLCs aren't networked, your Access DB might be your best bet. We looked at their Asset management software and the features it had that would have most helped justify the cost were useless to us since most of our machines are not networked and a lot of them are obsolete and can't be networked. And another lot of them have Siemens controls hardware.

1 person likes this

Here are some top Asset Management Software for me

Freshservice
SolarWinds N-central
Jira Service Desk
ManageEngine AssetExplorer
AssetExplorer
Device42

automation hardware embedded pc industrial touch screen display

1 person likes this