Nancygogogo

Addressing an Analog Input on Connect Components Workbench

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have a question on AB PLC, I am using the RSLogic ML1100 which has 2 analog inputs. And the address I use for the analog input is I:0.5, which is working fine right now(0-10V). 

However, I wanna read the real-time data from this address and show on the touchscreen, and when I validate the program in the Connect Component Workbench, there is a warning and cannot get the data from the address (under the 'tags' with the same analog address I use in PLC). Pease see detail in the attachment. 

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice to fix this warning. I already try all the data types but didn't fix this problem. Thank you.

CCW1.png

Never used Connected Components Workbench, so not sure.

What I see is that you have defined REAL TIME LN2 LEVEL as datatype REAL.  The ML1100 I:0.5 is an INT.  So to my eyes, it looks like a datatype mismatch.

You could try a MOV or COP the I:0.5 to F8:0 and then address the CCW to look at F8:0

Edited by pcmccartney1

20 hours ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Never used Connected Components Workbench, so not sure.

What I see is that you have defined REAL TIME LN2 LEVEL as datatype REAL.  The ML1100 I:0.5 is an INT.  So to my eyes, it looks like a datatype mismatch.

You could try a MOV or COP the I:0.5 to F8:0 and then address the CCW to look at F8:0

Thank you for your reply.

Connected Components Workbench is the software I use for programming the AB Panel View C300. May I ask which software do you usually use for the touchscreen?

Also, I have another question for the analog input. So I connect the pressure transmitter to the analog input (IV2+) which address should be I:0.5, and when I use the voltage meter to check on the transmitter the range is between 0-10V (Also, how should I know the range for the port in PLC?). However, as you said before, the data received by PLC should be an integer, so when I use MOV or COP, the source should be I:0.5 and the destination address could be N7:0/8 (0word,8bit)? When I enter this address, there are some errors, please see the attachment. If it is possible, could you please give me an example of the destination address? 

Please advice, thank you so much for your help.

plc1.png

Edited by Nancygogogo

As for the software for the PV C300, pretty sure it's CCW, but I've never used that before.

The analog input is on I:0.5.  You can MOV or COP to an INT (N7:xx), so you would MOV to N7:0 and not to N7:0/8.

Back in the CCW, your original picture shows that you defined the REAL TIME LN2 LEVEL as datatype REAL.  If you don't change this to INT, then the PLC MOV needs to be to F8:xx.  The F8 file is a REAL or Floating Point datatype that matches your CCW configuration.

Edited by pcmccartney1

1 hour ago, pcmccartney1 said:

As for the software for the PV C300, pretty sure it's CCW, but I've never used that before.

The analog input is on I:0.5.  You can MOV or COP to an INT (N7:xx), so you would MOV to N7:0 and not to N7:0/8.

Back in the CCW, your original picture shows that you defined the REAL TIME LN2 LEVEL as datatype REAL.  If you don't change this to INT, then the PLC MOV needs to be to F8:xx.  The F8 file is a REAL or Floating Point datatype that matches your CCW configuration.

Yeah, I got your point that two data need to be the same type, I tried N7:0 as the destination address, but it gave me an error (attached: plc1.png), am I doing the right way or it is wrong with the program. 

I was also wondering if it is possible that I can directly read the data from an analog address (I:0.5).

Thank you.

plc1.png.7b075d9c706c41e6ce19ed9ac4696a1 .

The error shown is because the MOV needs to be in the far right position.

15 hours ago, jaden said:

The error shown is because the MOV needs to be in the far right position.

Thank you for your reply. Could you please give me an example for far-right position? I am new to AB PLC program, not very sure what does far right position means. Thank you. 

Every rung of code in ladder logic must have a destructive or final output element and it must appear as the last element (on the right) on the rung.  The MOV or COP function block is a destructive element.  Simply click on the MOV and drag it to the right of the LEQ.  Your last picture is describing the error.