Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harlock

Different projects in a single touch panel SIEMENS TP

6 posts in this topic

Regards!
My problem is the following. I have a client that has 7 different machines with touch panels SIEMENS TP277. A touch panel for each machine. The machines are different and therefore the projects that have to be loaded from WINCC Flexible to each panel are different. That is, 7 different projects.

My client wants to have a single spare screen, not 7. Is there any way that he has a single spare physical panel and without needing WINCC Flexible can he load the same one of the 7 projects? Can not you record inside the panel and then load 1 of the 7 you need? Or via USB memory? 

ZhankS!

zHANKS!

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Harlock said:

Is there any way that he has a single spare physical panel and without needing WINCC Flexible can he load the same one of the 7 projects?

1st Step: Get all the runtime file for the 7 HMI's via PC(Simatic ProSave>Backup) or USB which serves as a backup.

2nd Step: Whenever the spare HMI needs to be installed on a particular machine. Restore from the backup files that you made via PC(Simatic ProSave>Restore) or USB.

cheers!:nana:

I don't know about the TPs but with the MPs, there's a "Backup and Restore" function in the control panel. As the screen boots, there's a dialog box that gives you the options "Start", "Control Panel", "Transfer", and "Taskbar". Hit control panel and open up backup and restore. Plug in an SD card or a USB flash drive and you can back up the runtime, licenses, and any recipes to the SD card or flash drive and transfer it to the other panel. Does not require a laptop.

I've wondered for a long time what the 2 different backup options give you (native backup from the HMI's control panel vs. ProSave) but have never been able to find out. Does anyone know?

By using Prosave you can't edit the program and you can only downloaded it to the same model of HMI, unlike back up transfer you can edit the program and you can also change the device.

You can only do back up transfer if the previous programmer enable the back up transfer option the last time he downloaded the program, if not then you can only use Prosave. This is what i experience in wincc 2008 flex.