Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ABlearner

Join new module for existing Contronet network

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Can anybody help me? I have an existing controlnet network. How can I connected a new module? Like an 1794 IB16. What should I need to do after I connected the new module? One more question: What's the difference if I do not connected the new module right after the last module, but I connected between already existing module. Then what should I need to configure.

If anybody want to help, please write like step by step. I'm a beginner, but I want to imporve myself.

Thank you for your help.

I almost forget, I need to work with Allen-Bradley PLC, and I have RSLogix 5000 software.

Edited by ABlearner

This looks like an input card if I am not mistaken. You shouldn't have to do anything with the controlnet network. If all you are doing is adding an input card you should be able to add it to the hardware configuration and push that to the PLC. I would make sure you were down when you did this. You should have to go into program mode to do this. As long as the hardware configuration is correct you should be ok.

It will be easier to add the module to the end of the 1794 chassis rather than inserting it in the middle, which would mess with the addressing on the modules to its right in the chassis. You will need to have the power to the chassis turned OFF when you do this. This is a 16 point 24VDC input module. Wiring it should be straightforward with the enclosed installation instructions but AB has good documentation for this online in their literature library.

I'll take BlackSabbath's word for the ControlNet part of this since I've only ever seen one ControlNet system and I've never made any changes to it. I don't know if the network will need to be rescheduled with RSNetworx or not. We were told that replacing the 1756-L55 (v16) with a 1756-L81E (v30) would require rescheduling the network but we just swapped it in and it took off and ran with no issues.

i have been doing a lot of research on control net lately. I have a project dealing with it. You do have to take it down to add anything. It makes you go into program mode when you go into rsnetworx. check out http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/cnet-um001_-en-p.pdf   

I have been reading this all morning. Also look on youtube there is some stuff there.