LSPort

GX Developer Newbie Help (Analogue Output)

4 posts in this topic

I am attempting to use GX Developer with a Q06 CPU, for the first time.
I am attempting to mirror a pre-existing 0-10v analogue output channel used to control a VFD to another separate channel for another secondary machine.
The card is part of an existing running system and is a Mitsubishi Q68DAV card.

I have always worked on Rockwell Products and I am now realising how different these systems are…
I have checked the configuration for the Racks and I can see that the addressing range for the card I want to use is something similar to XY02A0 ( I am doing this from memory )
When I online monitor in the returning value HEX is “ 1FE ” . I think this means that the status set up for the 8 output channels is all good.

My issue is I am unable to:
A,
Find out how to display the real time values for the respective channels. I have obviously been Bradley brainwashed.. 
I was expecting the format to be similar to
Y02A1 Card CH1
Y02A2 Card CH2
Y02A3 Card CH3
But when I enter for example Y02A1 into any off the device monitor screen I don’t return the dynamic channel value. 
What am I doing wrong ??

B,
If I figure out what I am doing wrong is it plausible to write some code which is similar to
Source Destination
[ MOV Y02A1 Data Y02A3 Data ]

Thanks in Advance.

Y is an digital output.

First you have to look at the configuration and see which word device has been used for Q68DAV.
Is the special function utill used in this project?

Edited by Gambit

Hi Gambit,

Thanks for the reply , i don't think that the special function utility is available.

I eventually managed to figure the way the cards are structured the XY addressing from the i/o config tables.

Then i worked into the buffer memory addressing, then the TO & FROM source / data configuration.

as a general question do the newer IEC or GX2  software, work with Q series ?

Would there be in a benefit in purchasing.

Thanks

GX IEC Developement has stopped. So when you are using a QnUDV is only possible with GX Works2.
The QnUDV has a standard Datalogger inside and can do CC-Link IE Field Basic via the standard ethernet port.

Furhtermore this software is easier in use and can be part of iQ Works. So you can connect all you software have a global tag database etc.

Here you can find a Free GX Works 2 basic and Advance course (no login required)
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/eng.html

Edited by Gambit