Steve Banzai

Question about an AB UPSD

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I currently use 1606-XLS240-UPSD's in my PLC cabinets hooked up to a 26aH battery. Is there any advantage to using a 40aH battery on this same charger? Will it just take longer to charge the larger battery? Thanks.

I have not used this before but based on the user manual here:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1606-rm036_-en-p.pdf

It says "allowed batteries" are 3.9Ah to 40Ah.

I'm assuming the larger the battery, the longer the UPS will last during a power failure.

The manual also says that two "accessory" options are available:

"two preassembled battery modules are available: a lightweight 7Ah battery that can be mounted on the DIN rail and a 26Ah module that can be panel-mounted for longer buffer times."

So the 40Ah may not be a standard option.

Hope this helps.

45 minutes ago, AndrewG said:

I have not used this before but based on the user manual here:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1606-rm036_-en-p.pdf

It says "allowed batteries" are 3.9Ah to 40Ah.

I'm assuming the larger the battery, the longer the UPS will last during a power failure.

The manual also says that two "accessory" options are available:

"two preassembled battery modules are available: a lightweight 7Ah battery that can be mounted on the DIN rail and a 26Ah module that can be panel-mounted for longer buffer times."

So the 40Ah may not be a standard option.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for responding. I was actually somehow reading an older manual (that came with the unit) and it said its limit was 26aH. The new manual you provided is much more clearer. Thank you very much.