Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjs38

Allen Bradley PLC2 printed code

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone - my first post here.  I have a customer with a SLC5/01.  The controller is 1747-L511.  Battery seems good.  The fault LED is flashing.  

I tried to connect to it using RSlogix500 and I got this message (photo1). 

I selected 'Load From EEPROM' and got this notice. (photo2)

Customer has the printed ladder but I can't tell which data types are what. everything is just numbers - no B's, no I's and no O's.  the timers and counters are just numbers too.

Luckily the printed ladder has a cover sheet, which led me to the PLC2.(photo3)

The rack has two 8 channel inputs and 2 8 channel outputs.  I would like to replace everything with a micrologix 1400 or something, if I could translate the code.

Can anyone advise on this matter please?

photo1.JPG

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Edited by jjs38

It looks like a hardware fault caused the processor to wipe its program. You should be able to upload into a new project though, then go online to see the actual fault codes. 

Hopefully the printout you have is accurate if you don't have a backup copy of the program.

SLC-5/01 program, but the printed PLC-2 program are not the same animal.  Unless they converted the PLC-2 to a SLC program along the way.

Have you tried to replace the SLC processor, insert the memory module, power up the rack?  The processor may be telling you that it has expired.

Keep in mind the SLC is a 1980's vintage processor that went Silver (i.e., obsolete) last year.  There are many units still available NIB (New In Box), but will require some looking.