carga2

Connect FX1N-60MR to SCADA

11 posts in this topic

Hello all! I have a FX1N-60MR. I need to display the contents of their data registers to the SCADA system. If you look at the product catalog, there are a few solutions either install into the slot of the additional equipment interface adapter FX1N-CNV-BD connect the communications adapter FX2NC-ENET-ADP, but this raises the question - what Protocol is used?, either install in the slot of the additional equipment interface adapter FX1N-CNV-BD connect the communication module FX2NC-485ADP, but this raises the same question - what Protocol is used? Whether it is necessary in both cases to modify the program code in the PLC, do I need to configure extra modules? What typical solution to this problem?

Do you have a GOT connected to the FX1N ? If so which one?
There is a simple solution by using a GOT as small as a GT2103. You can connect the FX1N via the serial port.

The ethernet port you put in computer mode with the system Q driver. From the SCADA you can than use the system Q ethernet based driver.
In the GOT you just use de datatransfer function to copy the FX1N data to the virtual system Q(GOT).

I don't have any GOT. 

I tried to imagine your solution. It is true that you mean?

Can I change GOT on PC? Just exclude GOT from this scheme. How I can get data registers from PLC. Which way I should use? Use somthing already existing communication driver or I should create own driver based on Melsec Communication protocol?

1.png

Edited by carga2
Too much copyes of img

If you can get a Ethernet or Serial port on the unit then you can communicate Modbus TCP (Ethernet) or Modbus RTU (Serial).
A computer running software such as AdvancedHMI has drivers already written that can get the information out of the PLC using the Modbus protocol. 

AdvancedHMI is a free download that was written in VB.Net and runs on Visual Studio. This makes it an ideal way to communicate to databases.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/

Regards,
Garry

Yes it like you understand it. The got will have a serial driver to talk to the fox and get the data you need. In the 2nd comm channel you use to be a virtual system Q. 

Then you just use the data transfer function to copy the data from the fax to the virtual system q and vice versa.

your Scada system needs the have the system q Ethernet driver. It will think it’s a q system but it will be communicating to the got.

I have a gt2104 demo project and a description pdf I can send you. I’ve used this function and it works great. 

On 16.01.2018 at 7:19 PM, gclshortt said:

If you can get a Ethernet or Serial port on the unit then you can communicate Modbus TCP (Ethernet) or Modbus RTU (Serial).
A computer running software such as AdvancedHMI has drivers already written that can get the information out of the PLC using the Modbus protocol. 

AdvancedHMI is a free download that was written in VB.Net and runs on Visual Studio. This makes it an ideal way to communicate to databases.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/

Regards,
Garry

But protocol to communication with FX1N is not Modbus. This PLC has own protocol - MX protocol, is not it?

21 hours ago, Gambit said:

Yes it like you understand it. The got will have a serial driver to talk to the fox and get the data you need. In the 2nd comm channel you use to be a virtual system Q. 

Then you just use the data transfer function to copy the data from the fax to the virtual system q and vice versa.

your Scada system needs the have the system q Ethernet driver. It will think it’s a q system but it will be communicating to the got.

I have a gt2104 demo project and a description pdf I can send you. I’ve used this function and it works great. 

But I dont have the GOT.

One man sad me that I can use programm port(8 pin) on PLC and MX OPC Server on PC. The problem is that PLC has own communication protocol and I need communication driver fo this protocol. I will try to connect to PLC via programm port when I get cable and will tell about result. But if someone ever did this, please tell us.

The above thread will show you how to use modbus on your PLC.
Regards,

Garry

13 hours ago, carga2 said:

But protocol to communication with FX1N is not Modbus. This PLC has own protocol - MX protocol, is not it?

But I dont have the GOT.

One man sad me that I can use programm port(8 pin) on PLC and MX OPC Server on PC. The problem is that PLC has own communication protocol and I need communication driver fo this protocol. I will try to connect to PLC via programm port when I get cable and will tell about result. But if someone ever did this, please tell us.

I understand that you don't have a GOT but the GT2103P is cheaper than buying an ethernet card for the FX2N or buying MX OPC server.
(in NL MX OPC is about 1.000 Euro a GT2103P about 250 Euro)

MX OPC server has the protocol for FX CPU. 

Whihc SCADA are you using ? Does your SCADA support Q ethernet and or OPC Client?

Edited by Gambit

On 17.01.2018 at 9:42 PM, gclshortt said:

The above thread will show you how to use modbus on your PLC.
Regards,

Garry

Thank you for this solution. And you are working with Modbus for FX1N or other?

On 18.01.2018 at 10:14 AM, Gambit said:

I understand that you don't have a GOT but the GT2103P is cheaper than buying an ethernet card for the FX2N or buying MX OPC server.
(in NL MX OPC is about 1.000 Euro a GT2103P about 250 Euro)

MX OPC server has the protocol for FX CPU. 

Whihc SCADA are you using ? Does your SCADA support Q ethernet and or OPC Client?

I have own SCADA and it will support that protcol which I will do) But for this I need specification on protocol or existing libraries.

On 1/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, carga2 said:

Hello all! I have a FX1N-60MR. I need to display the contents of their data registers to the SCADA system. If you look at the product catalog, there are a few solutions either install into the slot of the additional equipment interface adapter FX1N-CNV-BD connect the communications adapter FX2NC-ENET-ADP, but this raises the question - what Protocol is used?, either install in the slot of the additional equipment interface adapter FX1N-CNV-BD connect the communication module FX2NC-485ADP, but this raises the same question - what Protocol is used? Whether it is necessary in both cases to modify the program code in the PLC, do I need to configure extra modules? What typical solution to this problem?

The easiest solution is to use SCADA that supports the MC protocol.
For example, CITECT SCADA
using the serial port that is used for programming and a converter RS422 to RS 232.

Edited by kraykov