Maniesh

Remote IO

5 posts in this topic

Hi friends ,

recently i ve been doing some diggings about remote IO cards, in my factory we have a CJ2m PLC and it communicates with remote IO cards with four numbered words (2080.00 , 2080.01, 2080.02....2080.15 ) and there were several dip switches on the IO cards, which were set but i can't understand what was the basis of that settings. So I'd like to know how these dip switches behave and what are the uses of them ?? and how is it possible to have 4 numbered word bits ?? pls help me someone to clarify this, i tried internet, but cudnt help myself !!!  thank you    Here I attach one of the pictures i took of one of the remote input cards.

IMG_1602.JPG

Provide the part number on the I/O card.  with the door open i can't see what type of module you are using.  Can't tell what network it is.

But as far as what the switches are set for, that's pretty obvious, they are labeled.  It's setting a network node number in binary.  Since 2 and 4 are on, that's node 6.

1 person likes this

sure i will upload the photo soon, i dont have one with a closed door, but today I can take a picture.  And can you explain further, what are that other switches above the number 8 there ? there are two more switches above number 8,

Looks like the old CompoBus S - the 2 switches are for setting the communications for the SRT2 series - for the SRT1 series they are reserved and should be left off. This is all in manual W266-E1-09 page 148 - when all else fails read the manual.

1 person likes this

thank you bob. really appreciate your help !