tiria

Transfer a Mitsubishi MELSEC FX 1N program to an FX 3G or FX 5U

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need to transfer  programs from two old FX 1N controllers to either an FX 5U or an FX 3G.

I understand the recommended replacement is the 3G but the new 5U is  a better choice as it has more features.

What are some of the pros and cons of both in regard to such factors as compatibility of the programs

ie. How much will I need to edit the program to fit the new controllers?

Regards.

You can either convert the program in GX dev or GX works to a FX3U

Then convert it to an FX 5 in Works 3.

There will be lots of parameter errors in GX works 3 that you will have to sort out.

Thanks guys.

I think it'll be better to just transfer it to the 3G insted of the 5U since this is my first time doing it as a tech in the field .

Hi Tiria,

Keep also in mind that if the functions of the simple FX1N are enough to let your project run, don't overshoot with a FX5 unit. It will save you a headache or two.

I would go for the FX3GE, it has an on-board Ethernet connection besides of a USB. (there is still USB on-board) Ethernet is very handy to use as a fast programming port and has a built-in webserver function for simple monitor funtions trough internet explorer with in the same LAN. (not to be misstaken as a remote acces trough the internet)

Good luck in the field.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Edited by Theo V