Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themoonlight

842E-S Absolute Encoder

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have question and hope I can find answer here?

I am using 842E-SIP single turn absolute encoder and this encoder read 262144 count/rev for 1 turn, with studio5000 program.  I am not sure how to use the full scale to read position 0 -360 degree for 1 turn and back to 0? any suggestion?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Hi,

In your project tree, right click the encoder and select "properties", select the Configuration Tab, check "Enable Scaling", introduce the resolution you want (for example: 3600) and click "OK"

Ah! and read the User Manual (recommended)

Hope this helps

Bye

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I have already set it up for 1 revolution 360 resolution but it gives latency with comparing to drive actual position. I want to use this encoder to check the actual position which should be similar to drive pf527 actual position. is there any suggestion?? is the resolution I have entered right?

My actual shaft turn 1 turn which represent 360 degree and cyclic 0-360-0 that the reading should I see.

Hi,

Not sure what your hardware is. Do you have the encoder and the drive in the same ethernet network? What is the encoder mechanically connected to? a motor, a shaft that the drive is moving or following?

Please tell me more.