Vault

Redundancy

5 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I want to make  a system using compactlogix and want to make redundant .of the same .But i am not using devicenet .So according to me there will be some program through which it will be switched from primary to secondary.

If any one knows how to switch through program and what is the program please tell me.

Thank you.

Redundant PLCs are designed to switch from one to the other automatically when there is a failure.  All inputs and outputs are connected via a network so that network control can be switched from one master to another.  Any thing you connect locally to one of two PLCs cannot be switched to another, that is why the network is used.

I am not aware of a redundant CPU solution in the CompactLogix range.

ControLogix only to my knowledge and via EtherNet and ControlNet.  Not sure about support for DeviceNet.  At the time I last did this, it was only ControlNet and EtherNet was just being introduced.

Rockwell has a limited-scope "hot backup" technique using CompactLogix and some special inter-controller communication and inhibit/un-inhibit logic to switch ownership of field I/O between controllers.    It is not a fully featured Redundancy system like ControlLogix Redundancy.

It is ONLY available by direct agreement and supervision between a Rockwell field sales office and a customer.     

Nobody should be giving it to an unauthorized customer or to a customer who is unwilling or unable to work with their local Rockwell Automation field office.