Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahmetnoktacom

FactoryTalk Data Loging to Excel

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to do data logging to excel. I have created data module for 4 tags and logging looking like is ok but logging format is not undurstandable. I have added my logged file at the attached. 

How can I see it as excel file and understandable?

Log_periodic_1.log

Edited by ahmetnoktacom

To minimize log file data footprint size, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley utilizes compression (which makes the log file contents look like gibberish).  Which version of FTView are you running?  Ver 8.10 and later installation includes the install of a FT File Viewer Utility (Start, Rockwell Software, FactoryTalk View, Tools, FactoryTalk File Viewer).  Refer to this Knowledgebase article https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/823751

This will allow you to view the data.  

To export the data as an Excel file, you will have to pursue an alternative method.  If you have a ControlLogix PLC processor, you can push data into an Excel file with a DDE topic (which requires upgraded RSLinx).  http://www.plcdev.com/connecting_controllogix_excel

Thanks kaiser_will,

I did your advise and added a picture example LOG list. I can see, save as csv format and open with excel, this is good  news for me. 

I need another advise from you. I created 4 log tags and decribed as change on trig. in this case, only changed tag is logged. I want that if any  tag is changed, all 4 tags should be logged. because they 4 tags are a group for me. 

if it is not possible, I will try something in the plc program. 

Thanks in advance...

File Viewer.JPG