Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmt257

Connecting Through A Controllogix Rack

9 posts in this topic

Greetings,  Coming back to the Rockwell world after several years in Siemens.

I have a Controllogix rack with a ENBT and EN2T installed.  The ENBT has corporate network access, and the EN2T is on a separate local network for panelviews/safety devices/IO.  If I remember correctly, I should be able to download/upload to a Panelview while connected to the ENBT through the Rack and to the EN2T.  However when browsing the EN2T through Linx, I only see itself, and none of the IO/PV/CR30/ect.

Am I remembering this ability incorrectly?  or missing something?

I definitely recall going online with a SLC5/04 through a Controllogix rack with an ENBT and DHRIO card...

Capture.JPG

Shot in the dark here.  Never been a fan of the EIP driver.  Try configuring a regular EtherNet driver and add the IPs of each device.  Another trick is to add :EIP to the end of each IP and it has the effect of turning the EtherNet driver into the EIP driver.

Just another thought, RSLinx Classic isn't used with the Factory Talk ME, rather it's RSLinx Enterprise.  Try going there and adding the devices in the EN2T subnet and try the upload.

Edited by pcmccartney1

Not to sound simple, but what is your computer I.P address set for? I see one card on the 192.168.1.xxx network, and the other on the 192.168.100.xxx network.

My laptop is set to connect to the ENBT (192.168.1.XXX)

I didn't think to try browsing to it in Enterprise,  I'll try that in the morning.  I was just going with Classic, as PV obviously can be browsed/found.   I guess I just expected to see all the ethernet/ip decvices including I/O as I remember being able to see everything on a DH+/RIO network while browsing through a 1756-ENBT/1756-DHRIO

So I am confused here. You say you want to download via the En2T, but your laptop is on the ENBT network.

If you have a TechConnect account, look at article 26787. If not, go to RSLinx Classic help and search for "Configure Browse". Include the quotes to limit results. Basically, you have to manually add devices you want to see on the remote network. Older versions of RSLinx did not store these configurations, so you had to reenter them if they were lost. I think the newer versions store the configurations when you do a backup.

2 people like this

Just now, ScottC said:

If you have a TechConnect account, look at article 26787. If not, go to RSLinx Classic help and search for "Configure Browse". Include the quotes to limit results. Basically, you have to manually add devices you want to see on the remote network. Older versions of RSLinx did not store these configurations, so you had to reenter them if they were lost. I think the newer versions store the configurations when you do a backup.

ScottC,  Thanks!  That was it!

Capture.JPG

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, ScottC said:

Thank you Scott! This will be very helpful to a lot of us I am sure!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, ScottC said:

I can vouch for RSLinx 3.81 doing that. Could have used this feature 4 years ago,