anishb92

High speed counter FX5U sample program

16 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling with interfacing Incremental encoder with FX5U PLC,

Does anyone have parameter setting and sample program for same. i am unable to fetch counts...

Encoder:

500ppr, 24V line drive, A-B phase,  PFA datasheet

18 hours ago, Gambit said:

i executed the FBD in my FX5U and atached encoder

Phase A - X0

Phase B - X1

after resetting the CPU, when i rotate encoder in CW direction the Pulses counts but when CCW direction the pulses again increase instead of decreasing.

no negative effect on count in SD register

The example is for a 1 phase puls.

Just go to => parameter => FX5U => Module parameter => High Speed IO

press the detailed setting of the High speed counter and change the Pulse input mode to 2 phase 

Edited by Gambit

Hello,

Thank u foe the setting, i wired up the hardware and downloaded ladder into plc. But the encoder misses the pulses

The encoder is line driver type and has output as A B Z A' B' Z'

My local suppier says line driver encoder can work as open collector output and should be compatible, but mitsubishi channel partner recommended open collector output or use a module to make it compatible...

Which kind of output is okay with FX5U cpu ???

But is is detecting Forward and reverse rotation?

Yes the FX5U detects the Rotation in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction but counts are not Proportional to rotations.

A 500ppr encoders doesn't measure 500 counts upon one clockwise rotation. similarly for anti-clockwise mode.

Have you set the right counter type?

Capture.JPG

And how many pulses do you get per rotation now?

If it,s a line driver then the output signal is 5V inverting between A and A' and to GND it's 2,5V

Fx5 inputs requer 24V +-10%. It's normal to miss pulses and wierd it reads it at all.

To read differential encoder you need high speed counter special adapter like FX3U-2HC and CNV adapter to mount it to FX5u but check hardware manual for details...

It's cheaper to change encoder with 24V open collector outputs, but careful with PNP or NPN choice...

Edited by glavanov

Hello, 

I am not fully understanding, I have set up the Hi speed io in compatibility mode with FX3, as I have been told it works better that way.

I want to use counter C246 as I am using 1 phase 2 input method,  D200 where I can put a value to compare with the current value of the counter, which  once the counted value in C246 equals D200, then M0 is set on.

I am using it right?

Please see attached for your reference.

Many thanks.

programbody.png

responsesetting.png

iosetting.png

Hi There,

I am attempting to do such setup test on a TRD-SH460BD encoder.  I was just wondering about the hardware wiring and confused if I need a additional module such as FX5-16ET/E_-H or if I can wire the encoder directly into the PLC FX5U.  If so, I am not sure how to setup the software parameters.

How to wire is shown in the manual of "JY997D61401-F" page 113 of 184.

My PLC is FX5U-32MR/DS.

TRD-SH460BD encoder spec:

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/specs/encoderld.pdf

I am new and any expert help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Regards,

Thomas

You do not need an extra module.

Just connect the 24V and 0V to the PLC. and the A to X0 and B to X1.
As for the programming have a look in the e-manual viewer at the high speed counters section .

if something is not clear just post a message

Thank you for the confirmation.

Since I'm using a functional control box - without interrupting other components - my spare inputs are X16/X17 (ch.8 on FX5U-32MR/DS)

I'm reconfigure the setting and will test it out if it will read properly.

*****Edit*****

Running into modification question:

Was wondering about the H0 and H3 correlation to the table and if my change is correct since I'm using X16/X17 for 2-Phase - 2 Multiple

HSC2.JPG

HSC.jpg

Edited by NewInt

Any help is appreciated - I've setup my HSC setting according to this printscreen.

Then I try to validated through right-click on the "High Speed I/O" for the Intelligent Function Module Monitor 2 and seem to be unresponsive.

Any tip on what is wrong with my setting - here's the sensor spec again

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/sensors_-z-_encoders/rotary_encoders/light_duty_incremental_encoders_(quadrature)/8mm_hollow_shaft_npn_open_collector_(trd-sh_series)/trd-sh360-bd

HSC3.JPG

HSC4.JPG