Gandalfrw1

RsLinx problems

3 posts in this topic

Hello My Name is Robert

My question is concerning a 1747-L552 Sar: A, Program Rev:1 Frn:5, OS;500. And RSlinx Ver: 3.74.

I currently am working with a Dell Latitude E6510 running Windows 7 64 bit is the operating system.

Currently everything works on this machine it’s just slow. I am switching to desktop system a OptiPlex 790 running Windows 7 Professional service pack 1 this is a 64 bit operating system.

Once I completed the installation of RSLogix 500 Version 9.00.00 (CPR9) and RSlinx Ver 3.74.00 (CPR 9) SR 7.4 I cannot see the 1747-L552 processor. I have enclosed a file with pictures from both computers

Does anyone has any Ideas I could try to fix this?

1747L552 processor problems.docx

Have you verified your PC Ethernet/IP settings are correct?  You will want to verify that you can ping the PLC.  Drill into the PC's Control Panel for Network Communications and verify that you can connect to this PLC.

One other thing to check is your version of adobe reader(s). If you have one of these versions, then you need to uninstall and try that. I had to do this for Studio 5000 versions 28, 29, and 30. 

Acrobat DC - 17.012.20093 and later

Acrobat DC 2015 - 15.006.30352 and later

Acrobat XI - 11.01.21 and later

To check if the update is installed on the computer go to Control Panel-->Programs and Features-->View installed updates.