Hunter

SLC5/03 RSLogix 500 Rack config error

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am troubleshooting a system that has a fault. The fault says "the rack configuration specified in the user program is detected as being incorrect". Its a 13 slot rack, all my cards match with the I/O configuration. I re-seated all the cards to make sure they had solid connection, also tried to start a new program and had the processor read in the cards in the rack which came up with message "invalid rack configuration". The system has been running fine except they had a rat get into the panel and it smells like rat pee all over the PLC. They have had a couple card faults to which I changed the card and it goes back to working correctly but now they are having this issue. Any more troubleshooting techniques I could try? Or possibly a fried rack? Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thanks,

The 1746 chassis has a control chip that can get damaged and generate this sort of backplane fault.   Liquid intrusion would definitely do it.

You can try removing the backplane board and washing it carefully then rinsing with distilled water, but for the best reliability I would replace it.

We replaced it, thank you for your response.

So I gotta say - I've heard of panels being called a rat's nest, but I thought it referred to the wiring.  Who knew?