John_D

Mitsubishi Universal Controller, MUC, help needed

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have become involved in working on a wind turbine controller system project that was commissioning in 1993, about 25 years ago on which there are PLCs which go by the name Mitsubishi Universal Controller, MUC. I have attached a photo of the PLC hardware.

I’m trying to find out more about the MUC and in particular about any programming software tools that would allow me to communicate with the MUC CPU via its RS232 serial comms port and allow me to interrogate / view / modify the logic.  I have also attached a copy  of a printout of logic diagram  / instructions from the MUC.

If there is anyone out there that recognises the hardware or logic instructions or knows of the programming software tool used with the MUC I would be grateful for any information that may help.

Thanks in advance

John

Pages from 03-2_IDOL LOGIC FOR WTG (TOP).pdf

DSC_0015a.jpg

DSC_0006a.jpg

Current Mitsubishi PLC are from Mitsubishi Electric. These seems to be from MHI Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi

thanks for your feedback.

Do you have any pointers as to:

• the programming software tool that would have been used?
  • Or  the serial communication protocol that the MUC uses?

John_D

Hi Gambit,

I have previously approached MHI but it was unable to provide any information due to the project being so old.

John_D

The MUC controllers are also used for MHI Steam Turbine Control systems.

It does use a 80186 CPU and is obsolete, MHI does not supply parts or even does repair the cards, for this reason I spend some time to reverse engineer the CPU card and can repair most of the defect cards, When a card fails just replace the SMD memory chips.

The systems are supported by MHPS in Nagasaki but they does not want to sell the software to me.

If you do not have spare parts I would suggest to replace.

Hi Maritronic,

Thanks for the response.

much appreciated John_D