jncontrols

Proficy Machine Edition 9.5

2 posts in this topic

Will this software suite upload a program from a  series 90 micro plc programmed in 1999

I have no idea what suite of software programmed it I just know that I couldn't upload code from it kept getting error of  the selected memory couldn't be uploaded from the connected device

is that because of a password or program was written in a suite that isn't supported by Proficy 9.5?

I don't need to upload as I rewrote the code and got it going but there are 30 more and would like to know my options for moving the customer forward.

thanks I'm sorry for asking some basic questions to you GE guys but geographically we never see a GE until I found these or they found me 

thanks for looking

On 12/4/2017 at 7:43 PM, jncontrols said:

Will this software suite upload a program from a  series 90 micro plc programmed in 1999

I have no idea what suite of software programmed it I just know that I couldn't upload code from it kept getting error of  the selected memory couldn't be uploaded from the connected device

is that because of a password or program was written in a suite that isn't supported by Proficy 9.5?

I don't need to upload as I rewrote the code and got it going but there are 30 more and would like to know my options for moving the customer forward.

thanks I'm sorry for asking some basic questions to you GE guys but geographically we never see a GE until I found these or they found me 

thanks for looking

If they were programmed in Ladder Logic then PME 9.5 certainly "should" work to upload from an old Series-90 Micro without error if programmed with one of the 'normal' GE packages either LogicMaster90 or VersaPro. PME 9.50 would not work if programmed with some third party 'ware or Cimplicity Control. Also to download to them you will need to update the firmware to the latest, IIRC version 3.10.

Edited by RussB