Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Microbictomb

1747-SDN Scanner - Resource Unavailable Error

1 post in this topic

Trying to configure a used scanner (1747-SDN Series B REV: 2.04)

It has node 30 set on it already.  I can use the configuration tool and set it to node 1 and node 01 appears on the display, so I know communications are working.

When I try to change the scanlist I get the error message "Communication error 12: Error response received: Resource Unvavailable : ...."

When I go into RSLogix500 and change the status register bits to reset to default it doesn't do anything to the module as the manual describes.  It apparently is in idle mode but forcing O:5.0/0 on doesn't do anything and leaving it off and trying bit 2 on doesn't seem to change it either.

If I run the diagnostics in RSNetworx everything passes on the SDN module and my 3 nodes connected, except I get a "Read Error" on just the SDN module saying it's in Idle mode.

Status display on the SDN when I set the node to 30:  30 - 80

Setting node to 01:  01 - 72 - 30 - 75

Am I doing something wrong in setting the status bits?  I tried always true ladder outputs and then tried using forces to toggle them off and on.  Following the procedures after that of flipping the keyswitch to Run and back to Program, it never displays the message E9 like it says it should.