ALMAR

FIFO program examples for Mitsubishi PLC iQ-R R04CPU using GX Works3

6 posts in this topic

Looking for FIFO (First In First Out) array program examples for Mitsubishi PLC iQ-R R04CPU using GX Works3.

If you put the instruction on the codepage, and mark it then select F1 it will open e-manual viewer with information about the instruction... What specifically are you struggling with regarding the FIFO's in the Mitsu?

I did a search in GX Works3  for Instruction Element selection FIFO and LIFO with no search results.

Even call Mitsubishi Tech Support, and they were not able to find FIFO nor LIFO instructions.

It  does have Shift Left and Shift Rights instruction, but no FIFO nor LIFO.

Ahh, sorry, forgot to mention that Mitsu doesn't name the instruction "FIFO", but FIF....

FIFO's:
FIFW = FIFO Write
FIFR = FIFO Read

If you look in your manual (e-manual viewer) for the R-series, under chapter 3-7-7.5 (Data Table Operation Instructions) you'll have more instructions to play with. Like FPOP (LIFO-style reading).

I personally just use BMOV , MOV.  I have seen maint techs get confused by FIFO before but setting it up with BMOV and MOV they seem to understand. 

BMOV D1000 D1001 K10

MOV D10 D1000

On 11/28/2017 at 1:30 PM, kaare_t said:

Ahh, sorry, forgot to mention that Mitsu doesn't name the instruction "FIFO", but FIF....

FIFO's:
FIFW = FIFO Write
FIFR = FIFO Read

If you look in your manual (e-manual viewer) for the R-series, under chapter 3-7-7.5 (Data Table Operation Instructions) you'll have more instructions to play with. Like FPOP (LIFO-style reading).

I Want to add some details   

SFWR(FXseries)=FIFW(L-CPU) = FIFO Write

SFRD(FXseries)=FIFR(L-CPU) = FIFO Read

But disadvantage of this Fb is it can only store and return "16 bit data"  other data type like Continuous String [50] , Real cannot be Input to this function.

String of 2 Character that fits inside single "D" data register is possible (IMG JPEG - FIFO-1 and FIFO -2 )

FxCpu_FIFO.JPG

Lcpu_FIFO.JPG

FIFO-1.JPG

FIFO-2.JPG

1 person likes this