Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chantecler

Communication issue between 5069-L320ERM and 2715-B10CD

9 posts in this topic

Hi cyber-friends,

I am working on a project using a CompactLogix 5380 model 5069-L320ERM and a PanelView 5500 model 2715-B10CD.

I am developing the PAC app with Logix Designer V 30.00.00 and had to flash the PanelView to V3.001 to be able to download the app from View Designer 3.01

The problem is that the PAC and the HMI refuse to talk to each other and the PAC reports a device mismatch. The PAC allows me to select Panel mayor version 2 only

I disabled keying but it didn't work

According to knowledgebase subject 1028835 there isn't any V3.001 AOP but there shouldn't be a problem

Any suggestion? please

Are you saying that you configured a PV in your PLC Hardware IO Tree?

Yes, the PV is in the I/O Configuration tree under A1, Ethernet. By the way, I am using dual ip Ethernet mode. I am using port A1 for HMI and port A2 for motion control.

Is adding the PV to the hardware tree is a requirement of Studio?  Does this gain you access to the Studio View Designer?  Is this for the purpose of "drag and drop" capability between Logix Designer and View Designer?

Generally, it is not recommended to add a PV to your tree.  I'm speaking in older versions of Logix 5000 and FT View Studio.  I have never really found a benefit to having it in the tree, only problems occur.

Is there a benefit or value you are seeking from having the PV in the tree?

Thank you for your time pcmc, I really appreciate it.

I tried deleting the PV from the tree but they still refuse to work together.

I have always added the HMI to the tree in the past with no issues.

In this case it is important since the machine is controlled from the HMI and I want the controller to go safe if the communication be lost. (I always prefer to use HMIs for configuration and error reporting, but in this case I have to use it to control the machine as well)

This is the first time I utilize this hardware. My client wanted something future-proof and I am hoping I didn't do a bad choice.

Edited by chantecler

Issue solved. Finally they get along together

I was giving the HMI a wrong path to the controller. My fault.

So you are saying that the AOP at v2.02 is communicating properly to the PV5500 at v.3.1?

If so, then run with it.

Ok, so basically you want to monitor the PV5500 and it's E/IP connection and trigger a controlled stop of your machine or process.

Not sure about Logix v30 and View 3.01.

Currently I have only gotten to v28 and v2.02.

You are saying the View 3.01 will not create and download a v2.02 runtime file to the PV5500.  As a result, you had to upgrade the PV5500 to v3.01.  Seems to me that goes against Rockwell's history of support for older versions of firmware in PVs.  I would expect View to be able to create the runtime file at the correct version of firmware for the associated PV.

Think you need to talk to Rockwell about that.  My suggestion would be to downgrade the firmware to v2.02 and see if the PLC comms error goes away, then figure out how to get a runtime file into it.

The other possiblity, is that the AOP needs to be updated in Logix to get you to v3.1

Edited by pcmccartney1

Dear pc,

This is a whole new topic.

According to the knowledgebase subject referenced earlier, Rockwell says there isn't 3.001 AOP so you have to use 2.001

I haven't gone deep on the view designer thing but apparently 3.01 does not create apps for lower versions

I must go now but will visit this later

Thank you, bye