collinsd70

Profibus Issue- ET200s

6 posts in this topic

Hi All.

Wondering if anyone could provide some assistance to a Profibus Configuration issue I am having.

I am using the QJ71PB92V as the Profibus Master in combination with a Q12H CPU.

I have 2 nodes in my configuration- 1 is a  Robot controller- all working correctly (32 words both ways).

The other node is an ET200s (header mfg number: 6ES7 151-1AA05-0AB0) (4 Bytes in/ 1 Byte Out)

The module has been set up with 2 PM-E's, 6x 4DI Cards and x2 4DO Cards- the configuration has has been rechecked against the physical configuration.

When I download my configuration- the node is picked up on the Slave Status as sending and receiving information; but is providing 1 diagnostic message which is "Parameter transmitted by the master is incorrect"

I have downloaded the most recent .GSD file from the Siemens website- I have imported the file and configured and downloaded; but im still faced with the same error. 

I have also deleted the entire configuration- and configured the 1st 2 modules (a PM-E and 4DI Card)- physically removed the remaining modules and downloaded but im faced with the same error. So this says to me that it is likely not a configuration issue? Also tried byte swapping- no different.

On the ET200s side- The "BF" is flashing @ 1Hz- everything else is OK. I have also tried power cycling the nodes and master

Any feedback would be appreciated?

Is it set up as a Profibus V0 or V1? 

What about the "Swap I/O bytes in master" has it been set for this Slave in GX config DP?

Hi Gambit.

Many thanks for your reply.

It has been setup as a Profibus Master Class V1.

As above- I did check the box 'swap io bytes' for the slave specifically- but made no difference. I thought byte swapping only applied Siemens <----> Schneider.

I also read somewhere that someone used an older .GSD file (v<1.4) and this worked. 

Any idea where I could find an older .GSD (.GSE) file?

Gambit.

Tried all your suggestions above- still getting the same diagnostic message.

Gambit.

Had left a High Feature in the ET200 from playing last night. Put the original header back in and turning off the DP V1 class has cleared the bus fault. 

Many thanks 👍🏻.