JDR15

Pop up login screen editing

6 posts in this topic

Where/how do I access this pop up login screen to make changes to it?

TIA Portal V11

Thanks!

IMG_0241.JPG

Don't know Siemens, but i suspect if it's like other HMIs that I work on the login screen is a system function and can't be edited.

What PB press on the screen causes the pop-up? I would look at the programming of that PB. It could be directly programmed, use a script, macro, or something similar.

Checked for that, couldn't find anything.

If this is some default system pop-up, then how can I change the text from Spanish to English? That's all I really need to do.

Does the terminal have some kind of setup menu where you may select a language?  Seems like if it was a built in thing there would be a built in change capability.

Sorry don't know these terminals, as I mentioned before...

That looks like an MP series HMI. If so, it will boot to the Windows CE desktop with a popup dialog box with several options: Control Panel, Transfer, Startup, Taskbar. It's only there for a few seconds, so you have to be quick. Touch any option EXCEPT Startup. You want to go to the Control Panel (I think) and find the Windows Regional Settings. Set your locale to US and language to English.

If your HMI developer was kind, that may be enough. We have some screens that have a language selection option on the main screen of the runtime. If your developer hasn't provided translated texts in the project, you need to translate it yourself inside Portal and then download to the HMI.