AGroves111

OMRON NJ Modbus TCP Slave ID

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking at project with an OMRON NJ-101.  I was planning on using Modbus TCP/IP from the PLC to talk to a MOXA gateway (MB3170) which would then talk to about 7 different slaves over RS-485.  Looking at detail at the blocks that are supplied by OMRON (MTCP_NJ V1.3, available from https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245), I noticed that it doesn't send the slave ID, which will mean that it won't be able to talk to different slave ids through the one IP Address. I had a look through the actual code and it sends "FF" in place of the slave id.  In particular I was looking at the "MTCP_Client_Fn03" block.

Is there another way to get the NJ101 to talk the full MODBUS TCP/IP protocol?

Is it possible to edit the blocks provided by OMRON?  It seems to me that they are locked down. If I could edit it I could just add the functionality

Thanks for your help in advance.

You can open a new project and manually create an empty FB.  Then copy the contents of the Omron FB and paste it into the manually created FB.  Then edit.

Thanks for your help Michael.

I think this is my solution.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, AGroves111 said:

I'm looking at project with an OMRON NJ-101.  I was planning on using Modbus TCP/IP from the PLC to talk to a MOXA gateway (MB3170) which would then talk to about 7 different slaves over RS-485.  Looking at detail at the blocks that are supplied by OMRON (MTCP_NJ V1.3, available from https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245), I noticed that it doesn't send the slave ID, which will mean that it won't be able to talk to different slave ids through the one IP Address. I had a look through the actual code and it sends "FF" in place of the slave id.  In particular I was looking at the "MTCP_Client_Fn03" block.

Is there another way to get the NJ101 to talk the full MODBUS TCP/IP protocol?

Is it possible to edit the blocks provided by OMRON?  It seems to me that they are locked down. If I could edit it I could just add the functionality

Thanks for your help in advance.

are you connect the plc omron to MB3170 without computer? and do you have a tutorial to connect mb3170 to PLC omron without computer? thanks