Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaiser_will

Schneider Altivar 630 VFD program problem - fan auto start

9 posts in this topic

I am configuring new Schneider Altivar 630 VFDs to replace mature, obsolete Altivar 61 VFDs.  The drives have a simple function in life...analog input (thermostat scaled through trim pot) running a fan/blower.  If main power is available, VFD is to run to analog input scaling.

VFD powers up correctly, but will not auto-start unless the analog input is removed first.  I have not found the parameter in 698 page manual that cures the issue, yet.

Hi Kaiser_will

You can try to enable DI run of inverter after power up. If inverter enable DI run before power up, it will not run.

Havent tried this but you could try and wire your start signal through the drives relay output (set to no fault) and then into start.......Just wondering how the atv61 would have started when powering up with a start signal. Should have given the same problem

Hello. When you give power up to VFD, you need +24V in any DI. For example, you could make a bridge in DI1 and +24V everytime. 

On 11/22/2017 at 6:01 PM, rootsqr said:

Hello. When you give power up to VFD, you need +24V in any DI. For example, you could make a bridge in DI1 and +24V everytime. 

You cannot give the schneider drives a start signal on power up. It wont start and will most probably give some error code

6 hours ago, cHud said:

You cannot give the schneider drives a start signal on power up. It wont start and will most probably give some error code

Is a example app man... omg

Well the example is wrong. People are asking for solutions to their problems not for an "example" that will give them extra errors......OMG

5 hours ago, cHud said:

Well the example is wrong. People are asking for solutions to their problems not for an "example" that will give them extra errors......OMG

And which is your solution, little doggy?... I don't see it anywhere. omg

It's not in the menu on the hmi, I had to use SoMove to find the value to change.
Even then that was a Run CMD by Network.
I think this is exactly why most VFD's are controlled in Hand or by PLC/DCS