markyspicer

Download program to Memory card

11 posts in this topic

During downloading the program, in order to transfer it should be in a program mode. Now the CPU has no battery so I'm forcing AR14000 to download the program in the EEPROM. but I'm getting a Fatal error Memory Fail. Is my procedure correct or is there another way to download the program into the EEPROM?

Hardware details:

1. OMRON CPU: CQM1H-CPU51

2. OMRON MEMORY: CQM1-ME08K

Do any of these bits turn ON?

MrPLC_CQM1_MemErr.thumb.jpg.0f90d3a57863

Hi @IO_Rack This AR1412 always shows up that's why I'm a having trouble with download.

Hi!

anyone knows the remedy for this one? kindly check the attached file for the steps that i made. Fatal error Memory Error shows up and AR1612 is ON even the compiled program has no error.

Kindly help.. thanks

error steps.zip

AR1612.PNG

I'm assuming you read the instructions in W364, section 3-11-3.

Check that it is not Write Protected. Verify AR1302 is OFF.

I see it is in Program Mode but check the Settings and make sure it is not set to Start Up in 'Run' or 'Monitor'. I believe default should be Use 'Programming Console'. Settings > Startup tab > Mode. I don't believe that should be a problem since there is no battery. The capacitor inside the PLC is a very strong one that will retain data for a long time.

20 hours ago, markyspicer said:
14 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

Check that it is not Write Protected. Verify AR1302 is OFF.

Yes, AR1302 was OFF.  There's this AR1612 ON but when I switch from PROGRAM to RUN mode this error vanished(it's confusing). Other thing is that when I turn off the PLC and ON, the program doesn't retain in the Memory Card even when I forced AR1400 before downloading. then when I try to upload this shows. see image attached. (this is really confusing now)

After power cycle.PNG

You need to successfully write to the Memory Card first. I've seen programming tools in the past fill ladder with NOPs. I don't think that's abnormal.

Download your program then make sure no Fatal Error exists before turning on AR14.00.

Looking at the PLC errors No END instruction is fatal. The battery also needs replacing but non fatal - just lose memory if the PLC is turned off.

7 hours ago, BobB said:

Looking at the PLC errors No END instruction is fatal. The battery also needs replacing but non fatal - just lose memory if the PLC is turned off.

Hi BobB, So the PLC program that is downloaded(can monitor even AR1612 is ON in program mode but off in Run mode) will be lost when I turned of the power even it is written in the Memory Card? this made me more confuse now.

Bear with me.

Thanks!

That is not what I wrote - the error indicates that the program does not have an end instruction - it has to have an end instruction. I have never written back from an EEPROM so cannot help there - I stopped using the CQM series PLCs years ago as they are no longer supported. I just made the comment that there is an error no end instruction. I would be throwing the PLC away if it were mine and putting in a current model. Also I would put i a new battery before doing anything because if you transfer from the EEPROM and then turn the power off you will lose the program again.

Just now, BobB said:

Also I would put i a new battery before doing anything because if you transfer from the EEPROM and then turn the power off you will lose the program again.

I see, Thanks!