Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

What yours look like today? (Programming Console)

23 posts in this topic

Geez guys...I am programming TWO machines at the same time. I am sitting in the middle with TWO laptops. On my newest laptop I am running THREE COM ports. I have Machine #1 one serial GE 90-30 one serial Cutler Hammer 3000 HMI one serial Smart Motor Animatics two serial Intelligent Actuator IX Series Scara Robots (5 serial cables)! Machine #2 one serial GE 90-30 one serial Cutler Hammer 3000 HMI four serial Smart Motor Animatics three serial Intelligent Actuator IX Series Scara Robots (9 serial cables)! I have a total of 14 serial cables coming back to my little computer island!

So, are you a big Mustang fan? Noticed it on the wallpaper for the laptop on the left.

No not really, that laptop stays in ASSEMBLY. One of the assembly guys is a big mustang fan, it used to be our old laptop so they still let us use it. The mustang is however one of our customers we build machines for. His name is Bob Cook. http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/racing...g/joliet04.html

Man, thats a lot of comm;s requirements for one system..... where there is more then one of a identical system were you able to run 485 ? I like using the ethernet to serial ports (less cables at my end) Finnally, i love the E-Stops close at hand for the holy $hit moments .....

We are just getting started on a new project. 2 Dell precision 470's dual monitors CLX 5560 Intouch 9.0 Edited by HalBishop

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Dude that is SUPER SWEET.... Way to go HAL!

Got to get me one like this. Real nice.

You show me yours i'll show you mine. Yours is prettier though.

More Pooh.

And more.

That was one of our control rooms.

Here is where it all comes together. (Excuse the mess) Edited by Camel

And the other side of the room.

This is the view the operators will have. Dell was having a sale when we ordered the 2 workstations in the first picture and we got 1 free. The free 1 is in my office.

I would feel like I am immersed in Ladder Logic with those two screens. Man does that look nice...

dang I think a visit to dell is in order.....

With all the troubles we ear with the newer OS and new softwares not supporting well a single serial port ... do you have any com problems when you use so many cerials ... How is it setup in your ware. Multiple windows with same programming ware or what?

I tell you what I did. I was programming TWO machines at the same time. I had two instances of VersaPro open at the same time. versaPro program #1 was using COM1 and versaPro program #2 was using COM2. It worked like a champ. I don't have any problems using the PCMCIA com card that is shown in the picture.

Would post the brand and model of the EM push button. It looks really small. I use Télémécanique/SquerD 22mm but they are a bit big to cary in my laptop case.

Just an update on the multi-monitor application we are developing. We had to jump through a couple of hoops to make InTouch 9.0. There are several settings in the intouch.ini and win.ini files that you have to change to make it work. InTouch TechNote 307 explains most of it. Just make sure that you put the "ScaleForResolution = 0" in the very first line of the line of the intouch.ini file. I had it as the last line and it just won't work. Tech support didn't have a clue why it had to be first line. But, it works. I guess that "Don't try to bend the spoon, that would be impossibe. Only try to realize that there is no spoon" is true after all. I have got a couple of screens partially done and displayed in the attached picture. Edited by HalBishop