Solheim95

Windows 10 usb driver for sysmac controller

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with getting online a NJ/NX via USB with Sysmac Studio running on windows 10? At Omrons website it says Sysmac Studio offers windows 10 support from version 1.15 but I can't find drivers anywhere. Have checked in the communication middleware folder as you can see in the attached picture.  https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1580

I have Sysmac Studio 1.20.1.0 running on Windows 10 Professional. Its not a big problem for me right now, because I can always connect via Ethernet, but if the driver exist I would appreciate having it.

Controller driver.png

7 is used in 10 as far as I am aware.

There is no difference in drivers.  I use Windows 10 with Sysmac on a daily basis.

I believe the answer may be more in depth.

Microsoft has released 9 versions of Windows 10 so far.  These are build versions (1507, 1703), not Enterprise, Home, etc.

Newer versions of 10 do require updated USB drivers, which can be obtained using the Omron Automation Software Updater included in CX One and SYSMAC Studio.

I believe the change in the driver is because Microsoft has started to require drivers to be digitally signed, and some of the drivers in SYSMAC Studio were not signed.