millco

Time of day function

8 posts in this topic

Using RSLogix 500, is there a way of starting your program other then physically activating an input.

would love the time of day function schneider has...

need to start a process every 4 hours..

thanks

You want a program or ladder file to execute every 4 hours?  If so, which PLC processor are you using.  

1 person likes this

Micrologix 1000.

Thanks for replying 

You just so happened to grab an AB without a real time clock.  You should still be able to get an accurate 4 hour delay with a timer and a counter.  Just setup a 60 second timer and count 240 minutes.  Run your process - rinse and repeat.  I would suggest a minimum of the micro1100 for anything work related in the future.  Ethernet interface and RTC.

ML1000 has no clock feature, only a free-running clock; ML1100 has a built-in RTC real-time clock; ML1200 & ML1500 have the optional RTC module.

If you have an HMI attached to the network, you would MSG the date/time from HMI into PLC.

If no HMI, you could build your own RTC with cascading timers and counters; it will need to be calibrated in some way.

Ok thanks a ot guys.

Hey gents, in the RSLogix 500 programming engine I'm using, selecting the 1100 or 1400 or any others I select, i can not locate a RTC??

Only a RTA (real time clock adjust) or is this the function I somehow use?

In the ML1400, open "Processor Status" and switch the view ("Radix" in the bottom right corner) to "Decimal". The RTC values are:

S:37 = Year
S:38 = Month
S:39 = Day
S:40 = Hours
S:41 = Minutes
S:42 = Seconds

Oddly, they don't show up in the "Structured" view for this which is weird because they do for the SLC 5/03 I opened up to check. All values are also zero in my offline file for the 1400 which is also weird.