Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcinmrag

Pneumatic island valve with EtherCat protocol

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have pneumatic island which is control by the EtherCat protocol. Can someone explain my how to set a bit in a byte? One bit in byte is a coil of valve. I add this valve island to EtherCat configuration. In I/O maps i can find 85 output bytes and 45 Input bytes. I guess that i should create variable to this byte and then set bit in this byte. But How?

It's the way to address this bit directly? I did a test i used a Union : array 0...7 of BOOL and BYTE. Than I activate one of bool from array and the value of BYTE is changing and I MOVE This to variable with this same name like i put in I/O Map. But maybe is some better way to do it?

Edited by marcinmrag

If you already creating a UNION Type which contains the same datatype as your required I/O Map, you can use that Type for I/O Map directly.

For your case, just create 85 Union Global Variables for outputs, and 45 Union Global Variables for inputs. Map those to your Pneumatic Island I/O Map. That way you don't need to use the MOVE instruction anymore.

There are commands SetABit, ResetABit, OutABit, TestABit which are used for working with bits inside a byte, word, double word, etc.

They can be found in the Sequence Input and Sequence Output groups in the Toolbox.