_Pavel_

CP1H + CIF12 custom protocol

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

could you please give a tip about CP1H usage, I've actually never used it

I need to have a PLC with 2xRS485 ports and need to implement customzed protocols (1 master and 1 slave). Please prompt, if I take CP1H-XA40D and install 2 cards CP1W-CIF12 can I do this?

Also, please help me to make sure that CP1H can be programmed with CX-Programmer only (no SysmacStudio support), and I can use text editor within CX-Programmer for CP1H soft development (don't like graphical editors)

Thank you!

Edited by _Pavel_

Hi Pavel,

No, CP1H only uses CX-Programmer in CX-One for programming, not Sysmac Studio (this is actually what the CX / C* means: CP1, CJ1, CJ2, CS, CV, C etc) so this topic should really be moved to CX-Programmer forum.

Yes, CX-Programmer supports IEC "Structured Text" text editor programming.  PLC experts will tell you that graphical Ladder editing is easier and quicker for many digital tasks.  But I guess if you don't know it then it can't be easier ;-)

Others might be able to help and comment if CJ1W-SCU dual comm port card is recommended, which is programmed with CX-Protocol (free in CX-One).

Regards,

BB

3 hours ago, _Pavel_ said:

I need to have a PLC with 2xRS485 ports and need to implement customzed protocols (1 master and 1 slave). Please prompt, if I take CP1H-XA40D and install 2 cards CP1W-CIF12 can I do this?

You can put those CIF12 cards and setup the Serial Ports to RS-232C mode, then sets the Baud Rate and Data Structure. It will seem weird since you need RS-485 but that's just how the way it works. The RS-232C setup mode can be used for both RS-232C CIF01 card and the CIF12 card.
From there you can use TXD / RXD instructions to send / receive data with the protocol you need.

3 hours ago, _Pavel_ said:

Also, please help me to make sure that CP1H can be programmed with CX-Programmer only (no SysmacStudio support), and I can use text editor within CX-Programmer for CP1H soft development (don't like graphical editors)

As Berti Baker mentioned, CP1H is programmable only with CX-Programmer. About the text editor, CP1H do supports that, but only for Function Block creation. You cannot use it in the main program itself. You can create the sequence all in text editor, but still need to call the Function Block generated by it in a Ladder program. In my opinion, you just make the program flow in the normal ladder way, but for sending/receiving and protocol editing, you can create a custom Function Block with the text editor for easier measures.

Only CJ-series PLC supports full text editor programming in CX-Programmer.

1 person likes this