Armadillo852

Screwdrivers

6 posts in this topic

So this might be a strange question to ask here, and if it is way off topic, moderators please move or delete this post. 

But I was wondering if anyone here has used a cordless screwdriver to tighten/loosen AB terminal block screws.

Thanks

You desire a cordless screwdriver with a small-diameter shaft so that it can penetrate the small A-B terminal block screws?  Which A-B TB part family are you desiring a solution for?  There is a huge variety.  One will need low-speed, low-torque, small diameter.  What is the budget?  https://www.expressassembly.com/catalog/Inline-Air-Torque-Screwdriver-FL045?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI75q5uKis1wIVSmx-Ch0vgA-iEAkYASABEgIOBfD_BwE

Research the screw diameter available, research cordless low-torque screwdrivers with small-diameter shaft.  Old-school ratchet screwdriver may do the trick.  https://www.google.com/search?q=small-diameter+cordless+screwdriver+shaft&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirqOueqKzXAhXEZCYKHeTuBScQsxgIJw&biw=1920&bih=900#spd=247312322370454551

Well, I am looking for something portable and to be used in the field when installing equipment. So nothing fancy really.

I have terminated hundreds of wires on AB terminal blocks J6s mostly. Never seen the need for a power screwdriver. I use a Klein TB screwdriver, then go back with a Wiha torque screwdriver, to get 6 in ib.

But a power screwdriver may be useful, depending on how big it is

Thanks Tom. I currently use my Craftsman TB screwdrivers. Didn't like the rubber handles on the Kleins. Let me just say this job has over 1200 I/O points, and 5 2-door electrical cabinets. I do this all the time. So for me, I'd like to try something. Fingers get numb by the end of a 12 hour day terminating 18 AWG wires all day. 

Appreciate the feedback all.