Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmonro

TWIDO ASCII TRANSMISSION TABLES

3 posts in this topic

Hello we are bachelor theists from Venezuela working with the Twido and its communication features. We have a question about the ASCII only transmission tables. We have nine words to send plus the two control words; in that case we have eleven words in the table. Initially we configured the first word of the table with a cero in the more significant byte (only transmission) and nine in the least significant byte (9 words to send), [%MW0:=16#9]. This command did not work well; it did not send the complete message. However if we add 4 extra words [%MW0:=16#D] the command works fine. We have the same situation in different tables of different sizes in witch cases the number of extra words changes. We would like to know, in order to have a correct use of the Twido memory words, why the number of words that we need to configured in the table are higher that the ones we are really transmitting. And what are the extra words used for. By the way, we are configuring nine words in the EXCH instruction, in that operation block; we do not need any extra words, but we are forced to define those extra words in the control word %MW0. Thank you for your reply. Regards, Mariamelia Calcano Jose Monro

We all ready figured out what happends, the second byte of the first word (ASCII TABLE) must have the number of BYTEs you are using, not the number of words. We can send sms from SIM storage but we still can´t receive clean sms, we receive part of the message and some trash any help could be use full. jmonro

Hello, If you send a SMS with the messagetext "test", which characters do you recieve? How have you configured the GSM-modem (It's my guess that you are using that?), is it the CNMI-command that you have used and if so which value have you set it to? The "trash" you refer to, is this for an example the date of the day, which cellular-number who has sent the SMS and so on? Usually when recieving SMS's you'll need to write a program that finds the messagetext in the recieved information. I have written some programs to recieve SMS's from Mitsubishi FX, QnA and Q so if you answer my questions I'll probably be able to help you! Best Regards patrik