Chris1967

How to define labels for devices globally?

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks

I'm trying to work through the Mitsubishi manual "Simple Project Function Block" but I'm getting stuck on defining the labels correctly as this is the first mitsubishi label project I've attempted as well.

I want to know how to assign a Global device comment. E.G have X0 commented with "Pump One" or something similar, so that it appears with that comment in all ladder programs. The item in the example is SM412 "1 Second Pulse" but I cannot get a comment on that in the function block ladder no matter what. It's simply greyed out.

I've managed to go into "Local Device comments" and add comments in there but I need to add a data set for each program .

I've also gone into "global labels" and created items which will show up in all windows  but I can't seem to to be able to tie them to a specific device in the PLC.

I've attached the project for reference.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

fb practice.gxw

If it's for all porgrams you should enter the comment in the Global device comment. You can find this after parameter / intel func module / global device comment in your navigation menu

Thanks for the reply Gambit.

What I'm saying is that I don't have global device comment in the tree. Under Intelligent function module it just shows "Global Label". You can see this in the attached file.

Do I need to check a box somewhere to get global device comments?

Strange when I opened your program it was there. Please try the following:

Juts go to your navigator tree and select something (for instance POU).
Then right mouse click => Add new data

From the Data Types select "Global Device Comment"

press ok

Sorted! 

I wonder why I had to add it yet you could see it though. Another GXworks anomaly. 

It certainly makes things more difficult to learn when the software acts up. I spent ages on that!

Many Thanks.

Edited by Chris1967