ratcliffe_ic

Programming software for XBTB8140

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what programming software is used on one of these terminals and also if there is a special cable required.

Edited by ratcliffe_ic

I havent seen or heard of that model number before. Then again we receive models a lot later than europe

Hi,

If I remember well you need XBTL-900 that run under windows. Maybe you could use XBTL-400 or 100 but these ones are DOS only. The cable is a serial one, probably not a standard cable. I should have the drawing somewhere. Anyway this panel is completely osbolete and you should replace it as soon as possible.

JC

PS: Here is a link to download the user guide, you'll probably find the informations you need : https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/download/document/0428830K01000/

Edited by acpi

Thanks for the info, I sorted it out this morning.

The software is XBT L100 which runs on a windows 98 machine (in dos mode), its downloadable from the Schneider website.  The cable is:

2-2, 3-3, 5-7 plus 6+4 linked, 7+8 linked at the 9 pin (pc) end.

As you say its well obsolete but the client had purchased a spare from ebay and I needed to get the program from another unit to download into this one.

Hi,

I Checked on my side and you can use XBTL-900 too, it's a software designed for Windows 3.11 so it's a little bit more easy to use it than the DOS (100, 400) versions. Be aware that upload/download to the XBT are not easy cause there's only one com port and most of the time you have to change the port mode to RS232 instead of the RS485 used for the link to the PLC, this changes has to be made directly on the panel.

JC

1 person likes this