blewl

How to add input and output words to a remote module?

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I have an Anybus M30 Ethernet/IP module and it has 4 input words and 4 output words.  I have very little experience with Allen and Bradley PLCs.

I have installed the EDS file and found the module in the Ethernet menu under I/O configuration.

I want to write to the input words, do I use the MOV command?  That is what I use in Siemens.

Under the destination of the MOV command it only gives me the local I/O and M30:I Connectionfaulted.  Which is a BOOL.

Any help would be great.

So the EDS file was wrong and now I have the input and output words when setting the destination.  Also changed the timing to 50ms.  Not sure if that helped.

Yes basically you should be able to use the MOV command. You can also try the COP or CPS commands. You can look up these commands in the RSLogix Instruction Help to get familiar with them.

If you added the module and it shows up in your IO configuration, go to Controller Tags. The left hand column is arranged by Tag Name. Find your module name (for example "M30"). Click on the "+" sign to expand and you should see every tag available to you for writing to/from this module.