graemeian

Puls train.

7 posts in this topic

I am using a cj1m with an OD203 output and other input and relay output cards.  I want to use this card to feed pulses to a servo motor.  I see from rise and fall times, the upper output limit of the OD203 is ~1 kHz or greater. That should be sufficient. Here is my example.  I adjust my servo to 1000 pulses per rev.  Using the OD203, I want to ramp up to 1 kHz on a signal. The servo is happily spinning at 1 Hz. On a signal change, I want to stop the servo at the next multiple of 1000 pulses within the ACC rate.  The motor may spin 10 revs and stop or 10000 pulses.

Will the card I have work for this application? Can I do this independently with two channels?

Thank you.

Please provide the complete part number of the CJ1M cpu.

Per the W340 manual (Instruction Reference Manual) it appears CJ1M-CPU21/22/23 only support pulse output instructions.

Mine is a CJ1M-CPU13. I now see the problem.

Thanks.

Indeed only CJ1M-CPU2[] series supports PULS instructions since they incorporated a Pulse Output module.

However for low-frequency application like this, you can resort to the TPO instruction. TPO is basically a PWM generator with modifiable period and duty cycle.

Please keep in mind TPO instruction is only supported with version 2 or later processors.

Based on the initial post, I would strongly consider a CJ1W-NC213 module.  This would allow for programming ACC / DEC and position for two axis.

Just my two cents.

Your gonna spend a ton of bucks on the NC213 module vs. upgrading to the latest CJ2M CPU with CJ2M-MD21* Pulse I/O module.

Mt 2 Cents.

I had not really thought about that option.

I just checked:

CJ2M-CPU13 + CJ2M-MD21x  $ 1100.00

CJ1W-NC213  $ 1140.00

So it would be less expensive. 

From experience I do know the pulse output rate on the MD21x is much lower than the NC213, but don't think that is an issue in this case.