markyspicer

Program lost after power cycle

26 posts in this topic

Anyone can tell how to retain the edited(downloaded) program into the omron PLC? it's my first interact for this brand but when I try to downoad my program into the cpu it works as long as it is power on, but when we turn off the power for the whole machine and power up, the program that I downloaded previously is removed. Is there a facility like a "Copy RAM to ROM" in siemens here in omron software? how can I download the program without losing it?

Thanks!!!

Also check the DIP switch settings on your CPU. The settings of switch 2 (and 7 depending on the CPU type) can cause the CPU to try to load from a memory card on power up. Start with both switches OFF and configure from there.

1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply!

Now I'm facing trouble with the HMI, I upload the program of the PLC. Now I have to edit some commands and download it again in the PLC which I have written it in the EEPROM. Before the HMI is working with the old program, now it doesn't and stuck in SYSTEM INITIALIZING(white screen). Is there any solution for this kind of error? The RUN LED is lit on when connected to the PLC.

BTW, PLC is CQM1 and my HMI is NT31-SV121-EV2 model.

Thanks again!

This is the error you get when the PLC to HMI connection settings do not match.

Assuming you have a serial connection (CQM1 CPU21 or greater), check the Host Link Port under Settings. These do not necessarily get uploaded or downloaded with the program. You can transfer to and from the PLC from the Options menu.

Remember to cycle power to the PLC after making any changes to the Settings.

1 person likes this

You may also want to double check the communication cable. If it is not connected this error will also happen. The CQM1 serial port on the CPU is set down a little from the surface. (I have learned from experience.)

Regards,
Garry

1 person likes this

Thanks again!

I will try, maybe this will resolve the issue. Another thing is, I created an RS232 cable based on NSTS manual in order to upload the HMI project to the PC, my problem is that it cannot detect the port even if it is connected, is there a driver needed to install in order to communicate with the HMI from PC?

I will give an update regarding the PLC HMI connection soon.

THANKS!!!

Hi! Here's the communication set on the HMI. So under the CX programmer settings > Host Link Port > the mode will be RS232C, and for the Comm Board A > the mode will be NT Link (1:1). Please advise if this is correct.

Thanks!!!

NT31 Comms.JPG

21 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

This is the error you get when the PLC to HMI connection settings do not match.

Assuming you have a serial connection (CQM1 CPU21 or greater), check the Host Link Port under Settings. These do not necessarily get uploaded or downloaded with the program. You can transfer to and from the PLC from the Options menu.

Remember to cycle power to the PLC after making any changes to the Settings.

Hi @IO_Rack I try to download the setting to the PLC with the following:

1.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  RS232C,  Comm Board A mode NT Link (1:1). ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned OFF)

2.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  NT Link,  Comm Board A mode RS232C. ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned ON)

3.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  NT Link,  Comm Board A mode NT Link (1:1). ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned ON)

Is there anything that you can advise regarding this matter? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks!!!

We must ensure that the NT screen and the PLC communications match.
Let's assume that the communication will be RS232 on both ends.

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CQM/W228-E1-08.pdf
1-9-1 CQM1 PC Setup
If pin 5 on the CQM1’s DIP switch is turned ON, the PC Setup communications parameters will be ignored and the following parameters will be used.
Mode: Host link
Node number: 00
Start bits: 1 bit
Data length: 7 bits
Stop bits: 2 bit
Parity: Even
Baud rate: 9,600 bps
Transmission delay: None

http://www.omron.com.au/data_pdf/mnu/v062-e1-05_nt31_31c_setup.pdf
6-7-2 Setting the Host Link Method  - This section will show you step by step how to connect from your serial port to the CQM1 Serial port. Using Host Link Mode.

If your cable is good this should work once you have set the NT display for Host Link and the parameters 9600, E, 7, 2.

Regards,
Garry

13 hours ago, gclshortt said:

We must ensure that the NT screen and the PLC communications match.
Let's assume that the communication will be RS232 on both ends.

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CQM/W228-E1-08.pdf
1-9-1 CQM1 PC Setup
If pin 5 on the CQM1’s DIP switch is turned ON, the PC Setup communications parameters will be ignored and the following parameters will be used.
Mode: Host link
Node number: 00
Start bits: 1 bit
Data length: 7 bits
Stop bits: 2 bit
Parity: Even
Baud rate: 9,600 bps
Transmission delay: None

http://www.omron.com.au/data_pdf/mnu/v062-e1-05_nt31_31c_setup.pdf
6-7-2 Setting the Host Link Method  - This section will show you step by step how to connect from your serial port to the CQM1 Serial port. Using Host Link Mode.

If your cable is good this should work once you have set the NT display for Host Link and the parameters 9600, E, 7, 2.

Regards,
Garry

Hi @gclshortt! thanks for the reply.

Regarding the communication of PC to PLC, I have no issue with it since I am using a peripheral cable. Also, I'm able to upload/download the settings and the DIP switch 5 is off by default. The thing is I try to put the data under the CX programmer settings the following but still the HMI screen is not booting the graphics.

1.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  RS232C,  Comm Board A mode NT Link (1:1). ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned OFF)

2.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  NT Link,  Comm Board A mode RS232C. ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned ON)

3.  CX programmer settings > Host Link Port >  mode  NT Link,  Comm Board A mode NT Link (1:1). ------> No graphics screen showing(HMI RUN LED turned ON)

In HMI as you can see in the photos I have posted is Comm port A is RS232C and the method is NT Link 1:1. I still don't know why the graphics are not showing even configuring the settings the same way as the HMI. Am I missing something?  Hope you may help me. I'm stuck until now. 

Thanks and Regards!

On 11/2/2017 at 2:12 PM, gclshortt said:

http://www.portalelectrozona.com/pdf/descatalogadosplc/CQM1_CPM_SRM_Programming_Manual.pdf

PC Setup Section 1-1 - This section will show the PLC RS232 Setup. 
DM6645 to DM6649 are the serial port settings.
What are these registers currently set to?

Regards,
Garry

Hi,

Still unable to communicate to the HMI from PLC.

What are DM6645 to DM6649 registers set to?
This will tell you how the PLC is set up to communicate to the HMI.

Regards,
Garry

7 hours ago, gclshortt said:

What are DM6645 to DM6649 registers set to?
This will tell you how the PLC is set up to communicate to the HMI.

Regards,
Garry

Hi @gclshortt,

I haven't tried it yet because another problem exists. The program in the HMI has been removed. Now, I have a backup file of the program but I can't open it in NTST v4.8E under Windows 7 and Windows XP. here's the error hope you have an idea for this. still stuck for 2 days.

error in xp.PNG

HMI backup file.PNG

Can you post your program?

I've never seen a version issue between revisions. Only between NTST and NTSS.

Hi @IO_Rack

see attached file. I try to open the sample programs included in the software (.onw and .mmi file extension) and it seems to be working fine and I'm able to download to the HMI. the thing is that only the Backup file which is 1834.onw file is not working and comes with an error. Also, since it was my first doing this omron hmi. I notice in order to load the c\screen in the HMI you have to force some address in the PLC am I correct?(this is based only on the forums and manuals I read).

Thanks!

1834.onw

I get the same error as you did. I'm sorry I don't know the answer. I know of no other programming packages for the NT31.

Can you get support from the OEM?

If not then I would contact Omron Technical Support to see if they can open/convert the file.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, markyspicer said:

Also, since it was my first doing this omron hmi. I notice in order to load the c\screen in the HMI you have to force some address in the PLC am I correct?(this is based only on the forums and manuals I read).

If you are able to restore the original project then this will already be done by the original PLC program.

The address you are referring to is the PT Control Area address. The first WORD in the PT Control Area will control which screen is displayed. The value will be in BCD.

19 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

I get the same error as you did. I'm sorry I don't know the answer. I know of no other programming packages for the NT31.

Can you get support from the OEM?

If not then I would contact Omron Technical Support to see if they can open/convert the file.

Yes, That's the step we've done and still waiting for the OEM supplier. They say they can open the file using NTST 4.8 but I'm not sure if it is the correct file that they provided us.

19 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

If you are able to restore the original project then this will already be done by the original PLC program.

The address you are referring to is the PT Control Area address. The first WORD in the PT Control Area will control which screen is displayed. The value will be in BCD.

Yes I'm able to upload the program from the PLC, just want a confirmation if my understanding is correct.

During downloading the program, in order to transfer it should be in a program mode. Now the CPU has no battery so I'm forcing AR14000 to download the program in the EEPROM. but I,m getting a Fatal error Memory Fail. Is my procedure correct or is there another way to download the program into the EEPROM?

You should start a new topic for this one. Post the full part number of the PLC including the CPU number. You said you have a CS1D? Are you using the system with 2 PLCs?

I don't know much about the redundant systems. I see no mention of an EEPROM. I believe it does have a CF card slot.

Just now, IO_Rack said:

You should start a new topic for this one. Post the full part number of the PLC including the CPU number. You said you have a CS1D? Are you using the system with 2 PLCs?

I don't know much about the redundant systems. I see no mention of an EEPROM. I believe it does have a CF card slot.

Thanks @IO_Rack

It is a P2P system(1PLC and 1 HMI) and it has a memory card. I created a new topic. here's the link.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/33987-download-program-to-memory-card/

Marky