ahelwa

GE PLC 6 output

6 posts in this topic

Dear Sirs,

I have GE PLC system of type series six plus programmable controller, the enabled led of the I/O control card always off therefore the overall outputs are disabled I need your help to solve this problem.

Thanks

6fb6dc77-bac6-4f8e-a547-cfeeae22ee5e.jpg

1ca42a0f-83d2-4ba1-87cf-fd8f465d8ad7.jpg

6fb6dc77-bac6-4f8e-a547-cfeeae22ee5e.jpg

d7704015-77be-47b6-9b99-ad389f177acd.jpg

Edited by ahelwa
I uploaded some photos

Check the "Troubleshooting" Chapter of the manual GEK-96602A which you can find in the GE Downloads section of this website. You may have to get online with a computer running Logicmaster Six software to clear errors.

Dear Mr. Steve Bailey

Thanks for your reply

I cleared all of faults with the work master station but this fault (enabled) still exist I think it is a hardware fault and I read the manual but I can't found a solution.

The simplest thing to try is to remove/reseat all of the modules in the rack. Be sure to use the insertion/extraction tool to get them seated as tightly as possible. Also check the ribbon cable between the Arithmetic Control module and the Logic Control module. After that, replace modules in the order indicated in the manual. If you don't have spares in stock, be vary careful to purchase replacement modules that are compatible with the ones you have.

Seriously, you need to make a plan to replace the Series Six. I was a young man when it was introduced. I'm not young anymore.

Dear Mr. Steve,

Thanks for your reply 

I connected the Workmaster and I found error flags: 11110100 10010110 10000001 00000000  and table parity error 0096  and the CPU refuses to switch to run state. it switches back to stop state with a sound of relay tick less than a second after pressing F3 from the Logcmaster

8c23e2ce-e386-4669-a015-8fcc681d6e9b.jpg

696ad240-4f7e-4ee7-ba85-0770b41bbfb7.jpg

2900cdca-8fc9-4c08-ba48-ec522975cf91.jpg

It is almost certainly a hardware problem. If removing/reseating the modules does not get you running again, the next step is to start replacing modules. The module most likely to have failed is the combined memory module. Unfortunately it is also the most expensive. Here is a place in the United States where you can get spare parts:

http://www.cimtecautomation.com/parts/c-40-series-six.aspx?pagenum=5