Doug53

RSLinx

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what to do if I'm trying to download either RSLinx or RS Logix 500 (Micro Starter Lite) to have on computer with both softwares?  Ive gone to Rockwell webstite and it doesn't seem to have this free download anymore. I was using an old Dell with XP it crapped out.

1.  I have one laptop with win7, Professional, SP1 (64bit),with RSLinx 2.57 on it.

2.  I have another laptop with win 7 HP, SP1 (32bit), with RS Logix Micro Starter Lite (8.30) on it. 

Thank you guys for your response.  But I think I still have a problem.  I am trying to program an old MicroLogix 1761-L20BWB-5A.  It seems that the different softwares were made for being on different PCs.  Like I said above I seem to be only able to load One of each softwares on one of each of my two different machines.  Each of the softwares will not load on the other PC.

I believe it is a compatibility problem.  There is a table to find the correct software  It seems that if you have a 64Bit machine then it is difficult to use these machines with windows 7.  Some people say they have used RSLogix 8.40 but I have not been able to find it or download it .  Can anyone tell me where I can download it?

Your choices are Purchase Logix500 for 64-bit OS or Utilize a virtualizing package (such as VMWare Workstation) and create a 32-bit OS then install Logix500 Micro Starter Lite.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, Doug53 said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what to do if I'm trying to download either RSLinx or RS Logix 500 (Micro Starter Lite) to have on computer with both softwares?  Ive gone to Rockwell webstite and it doesn't seem to have this free download anymore. I was using an old Dell with XP it crapped out.

1.  I have one laptop with win7, Professional, SP1 (64bit),with RSLinx 2.57 on it.

2.  I have another laptop with win 7 HP, SP1 (32bit), with RS Logix Micro Starter Lite (8.30) on it. 

I would try to use the 2nd laptop (the one with RSLogix on it). You will have to find a way to get RSLinx on it.

Go to the Rockwell Compatibility and Downloads center:https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/Home.aspx

Use either "Find Downloads" or "Software Downloads by Serial Number". You may be able to use the serial number from your existing version of RSLinx, to download another version of RSLinx that is compatible with your 32bit laptop.

Hope this helps.