Andy_P

Updating NA OS version wipes retained data.

7 posts in this topic

When you update Sysmac Studio, there are potentially upgrades to the operating system of NA HMI's included. If so, the next time you connect to an NA with an older OS, Sysmac Studio wants to upgrade it.

Fair enough, but doing so wipes any retained memory.

Is there a way to export/import the data first, or even postpone the upgrade operation?

You can always say no to upgrading the OS on the terminal.

23 hours ago, Crossbow said:

You can always say no to upgrading the OS on the terminal.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you do that?

The couple of times I have tried it after the upgrade pop-up appeared and tried to carry on without doing it, the connection to the HMI didn't complete.

Or maybe I imagined it, which is entirely possible...     :/

Edited by Andy_P

Last time I was online with one it asked if you wanted to update, and there was a NO button.  I've never used it, but there was a NO button.

If you're creating your NA program with the same firmware version as your actual NA firmware, there will be no warning about upgrading the OS AFAIK.

It is only complimentary to upgrade if your program firmware version is higher than the actual hardware, since NA programs are not backwards compatible

My understanding was that the firmware upgrade message will appear whenever the Sysmac Studio version has a newer OS, whether or not you select it in your program.  And it offers to upgrade the OS.  But you can say NO and leave it with the old OS as long as the version of the project remains matched to the old OS.