engratif

Input Module Configuration or compatibility Issue

5 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am facing a problem when I want to connect Input Module 1766-IQ32T With Micrologix 1100 series B or with 1400 series A, The expansion module doesn't read by RSLOGIX 500 while other modules of Input or Output are being read. Please tell me a solution. Thanks

Edited by engratif

You are going to have to be more specific in explaining your issue.

The IO Module in question is actually a 1762-IQ32T.  It is an available option for both the MLX1100/B and the MLX1400/A.

I'm guessing you are online with your PLC and attempting to "Read IO Config".  I've never tried it.  Instead try adding the module to the offline program in the IO Configuration and then downloading to the PLC.

Thanks for reply, I have tried Both Options, When I try to read it by IO Configuration it is not being read. When I add it by Drag and Drop then by downloading program CPU shows Fault.

Could you post your program?

Is it possible that you are exceeding the power supply capability of the CPU?

When you installed the module, did you ensure that the connecting tab was closed properly to complete the bus?

Did you include an end cap that acts as the bus terminator?

Is this anew module, out of the box, or refurb or something you found in your warehouse?

Edited by pcmccartney1

Also how many modules are you installing to the ML1100, I just checked the AB website and it has a limit of 4 extra modules, and a total of 144 digital IO points.

Alan