wouter94

connecting 2 plcs

7 posts in this topic

hey,

I'm making a program to controlle mutliple machines. But the problem is that i'm working on 2 plcs to controll it all, but there are some %MW that i need in both PLCs. Is there a way to connect the PLCs so they share these %MWs to both PLCs know what value is in it?

Hi Wouter

On the other forum you mentioned that it is 2 tm221 plcs. If you have ethernet ports you can use the read_var and write_var function blocks

Like below

If using serial comms you can use the io scanner function. Select the serial port the change the protocol to modbus serial io scanner.

thanks for the info. just 1 more question. Does a serial line work over a network switch or does it need to be connected with eachother with 1 ethernet cable

By Serial line it means( for the tm221) modbus rs485 or rs232.

If you have a modbus port (not ethernet) it is usualy a rj45 connection. And for schneider pin 4 and 5 on the 8pin rj45 plug will be used for the coms, ons both sides of the cable.

But you cannot use a normal ethernet switch for this. You get rs485 splitters and extenders if you cannot make one cable run. Also modbus rs485 is limited in meters. 

How far are your plcs apart?

I have to get TM221M32TK - SL1 (Serial 1) to connect to the SCADA and SL2 - To HMI GTO 6310 

The data from the Tm221 port SL1 has to be collected at Mauritius, thats via network , is the module compatible for the purpose.

and which modbus is require rs485 or rs 232.

i want to know how i can configure this? please direct me to the right way. 

Thank You

Edited by RIshwan

thanks for the info. The PLCs are 150 meter from eachother

or do I have to get TM221ME32TK -  ETHERNET 1 and SL1 (Serial 1)  -  if so can i get the  SL1 to get the data to SCADA and the ETHERNET 1 to HMI GTO6310 for control

The data from the Tm221 port SL1 has to be collected at Mauritius, thats via network.

i want to know how i can configure this? please direct me to the right way. 

Thank You

Edited just now by