Stuart_Wales

Using Ethernet as I/O

14 posts in this topic

Can anyone push me in the direction of a melsec manual for this so I can have a read up.

(I never seem to be able to navigate through their website!!!)

Thanks in advance.

Application is 85 odd programs from a q-series to a keyance vision system via Ethernet.

I think the Keyence vision system supports MC protocol.

Than all you need to do is set up an ethernet port and set up the devices in the keyence

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, WattUp said:

These 2 manuals should get you going. 

CV-X_MELSEC.pdf    CV-X100_ETH_IO.pdf

Hi Mate, the CV-X MELSEC document is a serial connection. Is there one for Ethernet?

2 hours ago, Stuart_Wales said:

Hi Mate, the CV-X MELSEC document is a serial connection. Is there one for Ethernet?

Those are the two that I used to get it working. I did a little searching and found you this though.  

Edit: I guess this is still serial.. I know i had an ethernet one..

CV-X_MELSEC-Q_PLC-Link.pdf

Edited by WattUp
1 person likes this

I've found one now mate. Thanks.

Previously, you sent me a demo program, how many different camera programs were you changing though, and where is that in the software please??

Every model number has its own program. 

Its a 4 step process to change camera jobs. 

1. Set which SD Card the job is stored on [MOV K1 D102]

2. Set what job number you want to load [MOV SD200 D104]

3. Set camera Command code for job change. [MOV K24 D100]

4. Trigger Camera commad [Set D2.0]

CameraJobChange.JPG

CameraJobChange2.JPG

1 person likes this

No problem.  I know it took me a while to get this running the first time, so I am happy to pass that along. 

I am so used to being a quick Google search away from any answer, but this industrial/PLC/Robot stuff just isn't all there yet. 

If i want to tear down a 1960's washing machine there is a youtube video of it, but getting a MITS to talk to a Motoman robot.. ugh.. 20 hours of research. 

hahahaha I hear you mate! No doubt i'll ask something else in the near future. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, WattUp said:

No problem.  I know it took me a while to get this running the first time, so I am happy to pass that along. 

I am so used to being a quick Google search away from any answer, but this industrial/PLC/Robot stuff just isn't all there yet. 

If i want to tear down a 1960's washing machine there is a youtube video of it, but getting a MITS to talk to a Motoman robot.. ugh.. 20 hours of research. 

Hi Mate,

Can you get me an image of your PLC address mapping on the Keyance software? I've understood your PLC program, and it's a massive help, but a few things will be confirmed if I see what you have set your plc registers to in the Keyance set up page.

7 hours ago, Stuart_Wales said:

Hi Mate,

Can you get me an image of your PLC address mapping on the Keyance software? I've understood your PLC program, and it's a massive help, but a few things will be confirmed if I see what you have set your plc registers to in the Keyance set up page.

Sure, I will try and get that for you today. 

1 person likes this

Sorry for the delays. This project was actually removed from the line, and shelved. I will try and get it powered up to get this information 

1 person likes this

Thanks mate. I am on there Thursday to test the triggers etc.