Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

Logix5000 Problem

4 posts in this topic

Gents,

I am having a problem with Logix5000. I was doing an online edit in test mode. I was not happy with the results so I cancelled test mode and cancelled the edit. When I exited the file it asked if I wanted to save the changes. I clicked on NO and went on my merry way. The next time I went online with this processor a box popped up "Applying Changes". Since I am the only one who has access to this program, I need to know why this pop-up came on, and how to see what "changes" were being applied. Since A/B decided to do away with File Compare, how can I compare my file to the processor memory to see if any changes are in the ?

This is driving me crazy!!!!!

The compare tool is still there; I used it just a couple of days ago. I think it's an option you have to select when installing the software. Once it's there, it shows up in:

Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> Rockwell Software -> Logix Designer Tools

There is also an option when installing it for it to end up in the "Tools" menu inside the software, but I've found that to be hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't bother with that any more; I just leave it in the Start menu.

I think it's normal for a cancelled online edit to trigger this. If you compare and find that there really is no difference, just go online and save it.

Thanks Joe E. Others have said that the tool was around, but only after ver.19. I'll have a look...

Stickman47

The first time I started using 5000, we had versions 10-15 installed and the compare tool was definitely present.