Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcinmrag

using safety variable in standard porgram and revers

5 posts in this topic

Hello Experts!

I have a question. I trying to figure out if is possible to use standard variable in safety part of program and use safety variable in standard program. I know that is possible in Siemens controller and Allen Brandley too. I mean someting like : xxx.maintosafety   and xxx.mainfromsafety

I assume that you are referring to the NX-Safety controller.  You can use non-safety variables in your safety program, but only to perform functions that are not safety related.  Function blocks that require a safety input will be highlighted in yellow as shown in the red boxes below.  These inputs and outputs need to be safety I/O or SAFEBOOL internal bits.  It is not a legitimate practice to use the programming of the controller to attempt to change a non-safe variable to a SAFEBOOL for the purposes of attaching them to a yellow pin on a function block.  Note that I can use a SAFEBOOL on the non-safe "Reset" input to the function block below.  

Safety.jpg.459e96cf8b71ef62e8429c4cd8dd7

Of course you can bring safe and non-safe variables back to the NJ for use in the ladder.

ok thx,

I found some information on Omron website.

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1669

But im a little confuse. How i should do the hardware configuration? Im using NX- safety controller, NJ controller and NX-ECC203 Copuler. NJ controller should be like a slave terminal? This is how i done now. But after this article im not sure if it's right.

screnshot.jpg

Edited by marcinmrag

I figure out how this is working. Is depent what kind of protocol we are using. EtherCat or Ethernet. Via EtherNet we do expose variable from safety Controller and than link with the divice. Via Ether Cat connection is automatically and we just declare the variable in I/O map from the standard controller.

You can also make exposed variables when using EtherCAT, and you can use those to bring other information, such as error codes, out to the NJ controller.  All safety I/O signals are shared already to the NJ I/O map, but notice that in the NJ it's not a safety rated signal.  Safety is only inside the safety controller.  NJ access to those variables is for monitoring.