Nurlan_B

mitsubishi safety plc Mitsubishi Safety PLC

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. 

Is it possible use mitsubishi safety plc as logic solver for fire and gas detection system  on the plant ? 

If the fire and gas detection systems has dual wire discrete interface, you should be able to interconnect to safety RIO module.

Your question is a bit broad. You might need to be more specific. What are you intending to connect. Does your detection system meet the IEC safety standards.

Going to need a lot more information about your application.  You can do standard PLC logic in a safety PLC.

Thanks for answers. 

I can interconnect  safety RIO module and safety master module. I mean that Mitsubishi Safety PLC has Safety certificate(EN62061). But this cerificate (EN62061) for machinery systems. 

I have fire detection sensors which they are SIL 2  and SIL 3 level. Also final elements has SIL levels( for exp: sounder ). Now i can take sensor->  logic solve (Mitsubishi Safety PLC)->final element. this a loop.There are a lot of loops like this. Now i want to know that is it possible  use Mitsubishi Safety Plc in my fire detection system and can i get Safety cerificate for my System.(for exp: IEC Safety Certificate)

Or Mitsubishi Safety PLC can use only machinery systems and it is not suitable for plant fire detection system.

As far as I know, SIL levels apply to the "System Solution", and NOT components. In other words there are no components that comply to any SIL level. The complete solution is evaluated concerning a specific SIL level. But that's just my little knowledge of this. So to write that your 'sensors' are SIL compliant is actually not correct!?

I would recommend you to contact Mitsubishi/your rep. directly to get certificates for the safety PLC. If you want to develop code, and this is a critical application you are also supposed to get the code evaluated and approved by the correct authorities. Alternatively you should contact your local authorities and ask for IEC compliance according to the documents that Mitsubishi provides to check if there are any mismatches... There are also different laws/authorities in different countries/regions, so it's hard for us to actually know the answer to your questions.