mabauti

Etherhet problem compactlogix 1769-L32E

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody:

I'm writing here because I have an Etherhet problem with my compactlogix 1769-L32E. I connect a crossover cable between my pC and the controller, then I run the BOOTDHCP server program . The BOOT DHCP window only shows the MAC of the PC, the controller´s MAC doesn't show even if i wait for more than 10 minutes

I hope you can´t hel

Their BOOTP program is really...flaky.

Make sure that all other network adapters on your PC are disabled, enabling ONLY the adapter that's connected to the PLC. I don't think that's strictly a requirement from Rockwell, but that's the only way we've been reliably able to get it to work. Sometimes it takes a power cycle of the PLC or a reboot of the PC. In the BOOTP utility, go to Tools -> Settings and make sure that's set up.

If that PLC has a USB port, I would just connect to it with that instead and use RSLinx to configure the Ethernet port.

You might also try another BOOTP program. I've used the one from Phoenix Contact. It seems to work better than Rockwell's:

http://select.phoenixcontact.com/phoenix/dwl/dwl03c.jsp?from=eshop&lang=en&UID=2701094&param1=JrCDnVW3q4k%3D%2F0dDxMIlHrxc%3D&tstamp=1438567205534

Make sure your computer and PLC are using the same IP address and Subnet Mask. Ie- If the PLC IP is 10.10.10.XXX and subnet mask is 255.255.xxx.xxx then the PC IP address had to be in the range of 10.10.10.XXX and subnet mask is 255.255.xxx.xxx

I usually forget to change my computer IP to match the PLC range a few times a year. Other than that I've never had a problem with BOOTP

If the PLC DHCP is turned off, it will not show up via BootP

If the PLC is addressed and you have no idea what the IP address is, and someone was not nice enough to place an IP address sticker on the processor (great suggestion), try using WireShark to sniff it out.  Disable all ports on your development PC except for the port connected to the PLC.  If there are other Ethernet/IP devices on the machine, leave only the PLC connected and your development PC.

Let WireShark run, and soon you should see broadcast traffic from the PLC indicating the IP address

Done and solved!

Thank you gents : Joe E. Michael , Lloyd & kaiser_will  :-)